CORRELATES OF SEXUAL SATISFACTION IN MARRIAGE
- And God Said, "Just Do It." Van Biema, David // Time;7/7/2008, Vol. 172 Issue 1, p51
The article discusses the promotion and teaching of fulfilling marital sex by several different U.S. Christian churches. New Direction Christian Church in Memphis, Tennessee, and the Relevant Church in Tampa, Florida, are both mentioned as having programs to improve sex and intimacy between...
- The Influence of Religiosity on Marital Satisfaction. Ahmadi, Khodabakhsh; Azad-Marzabadi, Esfandiar; Nabipoor Ashrafi, Seyed Mahdi // Journal of Social Sciences (15493652);2008, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p103
The following research sought to examine the relationship between a married individual's religiosity level and its impact upon his or her level of marital satisfaction. Findings in this connection can help strengthen families 660 heterosexually hetero-sexually couples from Tehran were studied...
- The After-After-Party. // Brides;Jun/Jul2015, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p102
The article explains the importance for newly wed couples to plan sex at the beginning of marriage. It discusses a 2014 American Wedding Study on wedding night-sex and the barriers to doing so. Several ideas from sex experts are shared to help married couples generate a passionate wedding night...
- OUR MOST INTIMATE MARRIAGE SURVEY EVER. Kelly, Diana // Redbook;Jun2004, Vol. 202 Issue 6, p70
Presents the result of a survey on marriage conducted by "Redbook" magazine in the U.S. Preferred time of married couples to have sex; Opinion on moving in with in-laws; Views on cheating.
- THE MARRIAGE PANACEA. Groves, Ernest R. // Social Forces;Mar34, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p406
The article discusses problems of marriage and its remedies. U.S. people are unwilling to admit that there is a marriage problem. But the increasing divorce rate reveals the reality. There was, however, one stock answer. It was not marriage but the men and women who married that failed. True,...
- When control freaks marry. Dusky, Lorraine; Brandt, Anthony // Glamour;Mar94, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p128
Cites areas where control is either exercised by the husband or the wife. Driving; Joint checking account management; Television remote control; Clothing; Cooking.
- TOYLESS MARRIAGES. Mills, David // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Apr2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p6
The article discusses the issue regarding the research studies which indicate that church-going people actually enjoy sex more. According to the author, the studies are associated with the relation between the number of times a couple goes to church and the number of children they have. He added...
- THE CURRENT CINEMA. // New Yorker;9/1/1956, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p56
The article focuses on the causes of sexual conflict between married couples according to marriage counselor Abraham Stone. Personality make-up is one the factors that contribute to sexual conflict.
- MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING IN MARRIAGE: CONTINGENT DIFFERENCES IN SATISFACTION AND IDENTIFICATION. Prendergast, Jean; Elders, Marta // Family Therapy: The Journal of the California Graduate School of;1988, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p39
Findings in this study replicated prior research on mutual understanding in marriage: Wives understood their spouses significantly better in that they were better able to predict their husbands' responses; understanding correlated with male, but not female, satisfaction. Prior research has...