TOWARD AN UNDERSTANDING OF BEHAVIOURALLY BISEXUAL MEN: THE INFLUENCE OF CONTEXT AND CULTURE
- Bisexuality and its Possibilities as a way of Life. Burnside, John // ONE;Aug63, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p6
This article focuses on bisexuality and its way of life for others who have the capacity and desire for it. Percentage of exclusively heterosexual and homosexual men according to a study of their sexual behavior; Sexual preference and possibilities for marriage of bisexual men; Influence of...
- Â¿QuÃ© puede aportar una mirada queer a la educaciÃ³n? Un estado de la cuestiÃ³n sobre los estudios sobre la LGTBfobia y educaciÃ³n en el Estado espaÃ±ol. Berná, David; Cascone, Michele; Platero, Raquel (Lucas) // Scientific Journal of Humanistic Studies;Mar2012, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p1
There is an emerging literature about the impact of the homophobia on the Spanish education system that seeks to underline the definition of the problem and to define the actions to be taken as an educational community to this discriminatory situation so common in our schools. The difference...
- Therapy WITH BISEXUALS. // In the Family: A Magazine for Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, & their;Autumn2000, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p6
Presents an interview with Ron Fox, member of the American Psychological Association, about the unique clinical needs and concerns of bisexual men, bisexual women, their partners and their families. His path to realizing his bisexual identity; His knowledge about bisexuality while in graduate...
- Do bisexual men exist? Carpenter, Dale // Bay Area Reporter;7/21/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p10
Comments on the study involving the theory of bisexuality. Determination of the psychological and sexual state of a bisexual men; Factor contributing to the increasing number of bisexuals; Reason concerning the existence of bisexuality.
- cultural politics. Dobinson, Cheryl // Xtra (Toronto);7/20/2006, Issue 567, p18
Discusses the disconnect and conflict between bisexuals and gay and lesbian people. Prejudice that gay and lesbian people have toward bisexuals; Status of bisexuals in the GLBT community; Challenges posed by bisexuality for dating among gay men and lesbians.
- Just Go With It. Campbell, John H. // Whosoever;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p3
The author reflects on the status of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) individuals in Christianity. He recalls an instance in which a family member urged him to follow the Will of God. He admits that he is a bisexual man and a Christian, adding that the notion of a God that would let...
- JOHN BOWES. // Gay Community News;Sep2008, Issue 225, p21
The article focuses on the fashion choice among bisexuals in Dublin, Ireland. Emos, short for emotional rockers, are usually referred to as the new look of bisexuals. They are known for their bangs, skinny jeans and black clothing. They identify as bisexuals perhaps of the reason pertaining to...
- Straight, With an Asterisk. Sohn, Amy // New York;12/6/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 43, p72
Reports that it is trendy for straight women to have a same sex experimentation. Bisexuality in motion pictures; Stage of denial among straight men; Experience of Thomas, an investment banker.
- The Relation Between Sexual Orientation and Suicide Attempts in Austria. Plöderl, Martin; Kralovec, Karl; Fartacek, Reinhold // Archives of Sexual Behavior;Dec2010, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p1403
Previous studies indicate that homosexual or bisexual individuals are at a higher risk of attempting suicide compared to heterosexuals. To overcome biases in these studies, more rigorous definitions of 'suicide attempts' and the assessment of multiple dimensions of sexual orientation are needed....