PM use skyrockets
- Brisk growth for powder metals. Corbett, Brian // Ward's Auto World;Sep97, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p78
Presents information on the usage of powder metals in the automobile industry. Indepth look at the growth of the demand for power metals in January through June, 1997; Details on the usage of powder metals in automobiles by various American manufacturers; Comments from executive director of...
- PM PARTS MARKET GROWS IN CHINA. Johnson, Peter K. // International Journal of Powder Metallurgy;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on the powder metallurgy (PM) parts industry in China. List of leading parts makers that represent China's new status in the international PM community; Output of PM parts producers in the country; Automotive market's share of PM parts production in 2004.
- AUTOMATION IN PM PARTS FABRICATION. Davis, Scott // International Journal of Powder Metallurgy;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p55
Quality and cost are the primary drivers of automation in PM parts fabrication. Implementation of automation in a company that targets the automotive industry with high-volume. precision components is described. Vision systems using cameras and robots are used to move and position product from...
- Materials 2000. Wrigley, Al // Automotive Industries;Oct99, Vol. 179 Issue 10, p47
Looks at some of the innovative uses of materials used in the design and construction of automobiles. Fondness of automakers in North America for aluminum; Innovative and expanding applications for magnesium in automobile parts; Growth of non-metallic materials in automotive making; Forecast...
- STATE OF THE NORTH AMERICAN P/M INDUSTRY-2004. Schaefer, David L.; Trombino, C. James // International Journal of Powder Metallurgy;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p27
The P/M industry is returning to its previous growth track. 2003 was a challenging year in a number of ways. While raw material shipments hit the positive column, and U.S. automotive production was healthy, P/M suppliers faced tough price pressures from their customers, rising commodity and...
- Steam Treating. Herring, Daniel H. // Industrial Heating;Sep2011, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p16
The article presents information about Steam treating. It is a time-temperature-atmosphere-dependent process where the performance and quality of the surface and subsurface layers depends on surface cleanliness of the equipment. The steam-treating applications include automotive, agriculture,...
- Analysis of Structure of Elements for Automotive Industry. Grzegorz, SOŃTA; Agata, DUDEK; Jacek, SELEJDAK; Robert, ULEWICZ // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Vol. 712, p81
The paper presents the results of the structure and chemical composition of materials used to manufacture of gear wheel for the automotive industry. Analyzed gear wheel that is a part of one of the mechanical systems of an automotive vehicle was made of sinter Sint-D 32 in the technology of...
- OPTIONS IN RAPID PROTOTYPING TECHNOLOGY. Gould, Lawrence S. // Automotive Design & Production;Apr2006, Vol. 118 Issue 4, p84
Provides information on electron-beam melting (EBM) technology used to transform metal powder into real metal automobile parts. Advantages of the EBM system; Use of the technology by Stratasys Inc.; Configuration of the FDM Vantage X offered by Stratasys.
- Cold fusion. Youson, Matt // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Jul/Aug2004, p60
Presents information on powder metal materials used by automotive manufacturers. Applications; Increase in demand; Development of the materials. INSET: Award-winning GKN Sinter Metals.