The Mercedes production system
- Mercedes says Ala. truck will break new ground. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;5/9/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5550, p3
Reports on Mercedes-Benz AG's groundbreaking for its first American automobile plant in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Attempt to create a new market segment; Plans for an `all-activity vehicle' starting in 1997; Combination of car-ride characteristics , sport-utility ruggedness and minivan passenger...
- MERCEDES-BENZ TO BUILD NEW COMPACT MODEL IN BRAZIL. // Caribbean Business;9/21/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p50
Reports on the plan of Mercedes-Benz AG to build an automobile plant in Brazil. Projected number of cars to be produced in the facility.
- M-B mulls new sales channel. Chappell, Lindsay; Henry, Jim // Automotive News;10/4/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5520, p1
Focuses on the prospects of Mercedes Benz AG's Alabama-built sport-utility. Aim of creating a separate identity for a coming wave of lower-processed Mercedes products; Potential products; Concern on competitiveness; Impracticality of withholding certain products from certain dealers.
- Alabama to M-B: If you build it, they will come. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;10/4/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5520, p4
Focuses on the automobile industry in Alabama. Mercedes-Benz's plan of spending $300 million in building its first American factory in the state; Generation of an estimate of 15,000 jobs; Predicted investment from suppliers in line with Mercedes' start up; Access to a port as a key...
- As GM's Saturn goes, so goes Mercedes in U.S. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;10/4/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5520, p4
Focuses on Mercedes-Benz's plan of building its first manufacturing plant in central Alabama. $300-million auto plant as part of a one -billion strategic mission to create a Mercedes-Benz subsidiary that is expected to be leaner, faster and freer-thinking; Comparison with General Motors' set up...
- Benz opens a world first in Burnaby. // Asian Pacific Post;7/5/2012, p19
The article reports on the opening of the Mercedes-Benz fuel cell production and technology development facility in Burnaby, which is providing 50 new jobs for British Columbia families.
- Sprinter van 17 years young. Leavitt, Wendy // Fleet Owner Blog;7/2/2012, p2
The article reports that Daimler's Mercedes Benz manufacturing facility in Dusseldorf, Germany is celebrating its 50th year of operation on the site in 2012 and the 17th year of its production of the Mercedes Benz Sprinter model.
- Sprinter success means big investment in Germany. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Jul/Aug2008, following p18
The article reports that Mercedes-Benz invested an amount of â‚¬177 million in its two van-making facilities in DÃ¼sseldorf and Ludwigsfelde, Germany in order to support the sustained demand for its Sprinter range. It notes that this investment represents a combined increase in total...
- M-B Alabama plant about 80% finished. // Automotive News;2/12/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5645, p122
Reports on the near completion of the new Mercedes-Benz factory in Vance, Alabama. Cost of construction; Number of employees at the plant; Annual production projections; Formation of Mercedes-Benz U.S. International.