- Personnel digest. Chew, Edmund; de Oliveira, Paulo Soares // Automotive News Europe;4/7/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p29
Presents news briefs on employees of the automobile industry in Europe as of April 7, 2003. Appointment of Hans-Heinrich Weingarten as head of passenger-car production of Mercedes-Benz; Resignation of Ulrich Ruetz as chief executive officer of German supplier Beru; Promotion of JosÃ© Manual...
- An invitation to help...or invitation to Hell? Schneider, Mitch // Aftermarket Business;Oct2003, Vol. 113 Issue 10, p114
Relates the experience of the author in venturing into an automobile business in Los Angeles, California. Awareness on the demands of the employees; Level of competition; Advantages on joining in several training workshops.
- Training resources. // Motor Age;Aug96, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p62
Focuses on several training resources for the automotive service industry. Snap-on Inc.'s training program for the Simu-Tech software module; Videotape series from Federal-Mogul Corp,; General Motors Corp.'s educational program.
- It Will Change The Way You Look At Things. Giammalvo, Mark // Motor Age;Aug96, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p84
Relates an automobile industry employee's experiences on the death of his co-worker in the U.S. Friendship; Value of life; Importance of family time.
- U.S. Workers Have Reason To Sweat. Harbour, Ron // Automotive Industries;Sep99, Vol. 179 Issue 9, p93
Focuses on the changes in Mexico's automotive employees. Initial views on Mexican automotive workers; Why the Saltillo facility is considered the best assembly plant of DaimlerChrysler; Attitude of Mexican automotive workers to their work.
- Auto execs held hostage. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;12/23/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5692, p2
Reports that executives from Nissan, Toyota and Mitsubishi companies were held hostage during a terrorist attack on the Japanese Embassy in Lima, Peru. Names of executives held hostage.
- DETAILING THE NEWS. // Automotive Body Repair News;Jun2001, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p18
Reports developments related to the automobile industry in the United States as of June 2001. Acquisition of the American Vehicle Insurance Co. stocks by the 21st Century Holding Co.; Selection of Patrick J. Fodale as chief financial officer of United Road Services; Details on the release of...
- Europe's top manufacturing executives. // Automotive News Europe;07/03/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 14, p11
Lists the top executives from various automobile manufacturers in Europe as of July 3, 2000.
- Association briefs. // Aftermarket Business;08/01/98, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p20
Presents news briefs on executives in the automotive industry. Promotion of John Carney as director of government relations for the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association; Death of Steve Woomer, founder and chief executive officer of Competition Specialties.
- Autoworkers stressed. // Canadian Dimension;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 30 Issue 5, preceding p1
Reports on the results of a survey conducted by McMaster University professor Wayne Lewchuck on the status of workers in Canadian automobile plants. Impact of new production processes on workers; Fears of job loss; Fatigue.