Diastolic dysfunction was predictive of all-cause mortality
- The pathophysiology of chronic heart failure. Coats, Andrew JS // Perfusion;Jul2000, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p281
Discusses the nature of heart failure. Aetiologies and diagnosis; Classical pathophysiology and pathophysiological changes in chronic heart failure (CHF); Noncardiac abnormalities in CHF.
- Pathophysiological features of non-ischaemic stage B heart failure are determined by the underlying aetiology. Yang, H.; Negishi, K.; Nolan, M.; Wang, Y.; Saito, M.; Marwick, T. // Heart, Lung & Circulation;2015 Supplement 3, Vol. 24, pS355
No abstract available.
- Heart Failure in Zambia: Evidence for Improving Clinical Practice. Goma, F. M. // Medical Journal of Zambia;2014, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p1
The author reflects on heart failure (HF) cases in Zambia hospitals. He commends the study which explores the factors which relate to mortality in patients with HF, need to understand the etiological factors and pathophysiological manifestations for the diagnosis and management of HF, and the...
- Etiological Peculiarities in Pediatric Heart Failure. BUTNARIU, Angela; SAMASCA, Gabriel // Maedica - a Journal of Clinical Medicine;2015, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p371
Heart failure in children presents important characteristic features different from adult congestive failure, from a pathophysiological and mostly from an etiopathogenic point of view. Heart failure in children is, in most cases, a consequence of congenital structural cardiac abnormalities that...
- Modern treatment of heart failure. Timmis, Adam D. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/9/88, Vol. 297 Issue 6641, p83
Focuses on the modern treatment of heart failure. Identification on the causes of the disease; Correction of arrhythmias and hypertension; Consideration for inotropic stimulation in worse cases of the disease.
- metathesis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1456
A definition of the term "metathesis," which refers to forcible transference of a disease process from one part to another, is presented.
- Early Mention of Geographic Pathology. // Clinical Pediatrics;Aug1968, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p469
Discusses the causes of diseases which strike men, mentioned in the "Toledot Yitzhak," by Rabbi Isaac Caro.
- Cardiorenal syndrome in decompensated heart failure. Tang, W. H. Wilson; Mullens, Wilfried // Heart;Feb2010, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p255
Worsening renal function during treatment of acute decompensated heart failure (ADHF) often complicates the treatment course of heart failure. Furthermore, the development of worsening renal function is a strong independent predictor of long-term adverse outcomes. Sometimes referred to as...
- Aminophylline: Exploring Cardiovascular Benefits Versus Medical Malcontent. RuDusky, Basil M. // Angiology;May/Jun2005, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p295
Although aminophylline/theophylline has been relegated to third- and fourth-line status in the cardiopulmonary armamentarium, its use in specific pathophysiologic states, especially those of cardiac etiology, can be of significant benefit. The consulting clinician should maintain an awareness of...