Review: 9 drugs prevent an increase in radiographic scores of bone erosion in joints in adult rheumatoid arthritis
- Herbal Rx. SA // Prevention;Mar2005, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p60
Reports that the sleep herb valerian helps people with rheumatoid arthritis to sleep better. Statement that valerian helps ease pain and tension; Side effects of the herb; Dosage of the herb.
- The burden of rheumatoid arthritis and access to treatment: a medical overview. Smolen, J.; Aletaha, D. // European Journal of Health Economics;Dec2007 Supplement 2, Vol. 8, p39
As part of the investigation into the burden of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and the access to treatment, this article reviews the medical aspects of the disease. RA is mediated by a variety of pathogenic events which culminate in the activation of B-cells, T-cells and other cell populations and...
- THE NON-PHARMACOLOGIC TREATMENT OF RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS. Dediu, Giorgiana Nicoleta; Crismaru, Irina; Bajan, Monica; Ionescu, Georgiana; Ilie, Madalina; Udrea, Gabriela; Diaconu, Camelia; Bartos, Daniela // Romanian Journal of Rheumatology;2015, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p61
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic, progressive, destructive and deforming arthropathy, characterized by symmetrical erosive synovitis and multisystemic injury. Despite the progresses of pharmacological therapy for RA, many patients continue to have active disease with the risk of developing...
- Head-to-head study with RA drugs. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Jul2013, Vol. 94 Issue 1118, p30
The article focuses on the study ADalimumab ACTemrA (ADACTA)", which was published in the periodical "The Lancet," reveals that Actemra offers improvement in the signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) for patients who require monotherapy as compared to adalimumab, as of July 1, 2013.
- Methotrexate. // Reactions Weekly;2/6/2016, Vol. 1587 Issue 1, p195
An abstract of the article "Primary central nervous system lymphoma in a rheumatoid arthritis patient treated with methotrexate: a case report" by H. Shimada and others is presented.
- ANAKINRA: A NOVEL BIOLOGICAL THERAPY FOR THE TREATMENT OF RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS. Fleischmann, R.; Stern, R.; Iqbal, I. // Current Medical Literature: Rheumatology;2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
Describes anakinra, a novel biological therapy for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Overview of the disease; Blocking the effect of interleukin-1; Clinical trials of anakinra, which is produced by recombinant DNA technology using an E. coli bacterial expression system; Monotherapy;...
- A drug that gently arrests arthritis. Marcus, Mary Brophy // U.S. News & World Report;12/11/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 23, p86
Reports on research which indicates that the drug etanercept can be used to slow or halt joint erosion associated with rheumatoid arthritis. Comparison of the drug with methotrexate which is used to stall the disorder but can have serious side effects; Barriers to widespread use of the...
- NHS "takes too long to diagnose and treat rheumatoid arthritis" Mayor, Susan // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;7/18/2009, Vol. 339 Issue 7713, p126
The article focuses on a report published by the National Audit Office (NAO) in Great Britain which warned that many cases of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) are not being diagnosed or treated quickly to stop preventable damage to joints. As part of the role of NAO to scrutinise public spending on...
- CURRENT DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT STRATEGIES IN RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS. Gcelu, Ayanda; Kalla, Asgar Ali // CME: Continuing Medical Education;Aug2011, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p316
The article discusses trends with regard to the diagnosis and treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA), which emphasize early detection and therapy aimed at remission and prevention of joint damage, disability and complications. The 2010 American College of Rheumatology/European League Against...