Higher serum digoxin levels were associated with increased mortality in CHF
- Heart failure patients should receive digoxin as first-line treatment. // Geriatrics;Sep97, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p25
Recommends the use of digoxin as medical treatment for patients with symptomatic congestive heart failure. Research that proved the efficacy of digoxin.
- Continuing digoxin therapy in patients with stable CHF is cost-effective. // Formulary;Oct95, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p621
Presents an abstract of the medical study `Economic Outcomes of Withdrawal of Digoxin Therapy in Adult Patients With Stable Congestive Heart Failure,' by R.E. Ward, J.B. Young et al, published in the Journal of American College Cardiology 1995.
- Medical Therapy for Chronic Congestive Heart Failure. Jaeschke, Roman; Guyatt, Gordon H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;5/15/89, Vol. 110 Issue 10, p758
Editorial. Discusses several treatment methods for chronic congestive heart failure. Result of studies on diuretics; Efficacy of vasodilators; Benefits of digoxin.
- Use of digoxin in patients with congestive heart failure. Andolsek, Kathryn M. // American Family Physician;8/1/1997, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p576
Presents a study on role of digoxin in the long-term treatment of patients with congestive heart failure from the `New England Journal of Medicine,' dated 1997 by the Digitalis Investigation Group. How the study was done; Results of the study; Conclusions.
- 494 Atrial strain 2d by velocity vector imaging, a novel method for the evaluation of clinical improvement post cardiac resynchronization Martiniello, A.R.; Caso, P.; Cioppa, C.; Padula, S.; Betancourt C, M.V.; Caso, I.; Tonti, G.; Calabro', R. // European Journal of Echocardiography;Dec2006 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, pS77
An abstract of the article "Atrial strain 2d by velocity vector imaging, a novel method for the evaluation of clinical improvement post cardiac resynchronization," by A. R. Martiniello and colleagues is presented.
- Digoxin increases mortality among women with congestive heart failure. See, Sharon; Bruno, Patricio // Journal of Family Practice;Feb2003, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p106
The article presents a study that analyzes the sex-based differences of the effect of digoxin on mortality in the treatment of congestive heart failure. The subjects of the study were 6800 patients who had stable heart failure with an injection fraction of 45% or less and who were in normal...
- digoxin. // Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 10th edition;2007, p386
The article presents a nursing guide to digoxin, an antiarrhythmic, inotropic agent for the treatment of congestive heart failure and tachyarrhythmias, among others. Its mechanism of action and pharmacokinetics are explained. Contraindications for the drug are presented. Its adverse reactions...
- Combination treatment recommended for congestive heart failure. SHAW, KENDALL // Drug Store News;10/19/98, Vol. 20 Issue 17, pCP22
Reports on the results of a study on the use of a combination of digoxin, a diuretic and an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor to treat congestive heart failure. Safety of the drug combination; Results of the treatment regimen.
- Update on Digoxin Therapy in Congestive Heart Failure. Haji, Showkat A.; Movahed, Assad // American Family Physician;7/15/2000, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p409
Congestive heart failure is a progressive disease with significant morbidity and mortality. Despite advances in the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases, the incidence and prevalence of congestive heart failure have increased in recent years. Contributing factors include increased...