Senate Finance Panel Votes to Raise Small-Issue Limit
- BONDHOLDER TAXABLE BOND OPTION AND CREDIT. // Banking;Feb79, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee to hold a legislative hearings in 1979 on a bondholder taxable bond option and credit proposed by Senator John Danforth (R. Mo.). Changes under the proposed tax law; Purpose of the proposed law.
- Tax Extenders Bill Would Lead to $95.6B of Revenue Losses. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;7/20/2015, p16
The article focuses on a proposed two-year tax extenders bill in the U.S. that can result in revenue losses of 95.6 billion dollars from fiscal years 2016 to 2025. It mentions the inclusion of bond and Puerto Rico provisions in the proposed bill, its upcoming vote by the Senate Finance Committee...
- Riders Drown Bill, But Proposed Cap, Credit Hikes Live. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;09/22/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30981, p5
Reports on the United States Senate Finance Committee's postponement of action of community renewal legislation. Increase in the private-activity bond volume cap and the low-income housing tax credit; Provisions of the legislation.
- BDA, Coalitions Make Muni Case to Senate Tax Reform Panels. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;4/15/2015, p26
The article reports that the Bond Dealers of America (BDA) and the Municipal Bonds for America Coalition have sent letters to the U.S. Senate Finance Committee requesting them to preserve the tax-exemption for municipal bonds and increase the bond limit. Topics include the importance of the...
- Senate Finance Committee Approves Conservation Tax Incentives. // Parks & Recreation;Apr2003, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p76
Reports that the U.S. Senate Finance Committee passed tax legislation in February 2003 that includes incentives for landowners interested in conservation sales or donations. Provisions of the Charity Aid, Recovery and Empowerment Act; Potential benefits of the legislation.
- Senate Finance Committee Votes $8.5 Billion Tax Bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/21/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30752, p4
Reports on the United States Senate Finance Committee's approval of an 8.5 billion dollar tax bill. Extension of several expiring business- and personal-tax provisions through the end of 2000; Absence of changes on the rules governing tax-exempt bonds; Provisions of the bill.
- Senate panel refines air tax plan. Takemoto, Paul; Edleson, Harriet // Travel Agent;06/30/97, Vol. 286 Issue 10, p93
Focuses on the modifications made by the US Senate Finance Committee on the proposal to increase international departure taxes. Applicability of the proposal.
- Medicare `balance billing' measure draws fire. Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;06/23/97, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p8
Focuses on the steps taken by the Senate Finance Committee in June 1997, to cushion physicians and other providers from reduced growth in Medicare payments, with balance billing measures for some beneficiaries in excess of standard Medicare fees. Criticism of the provision; Information on the...
- TAX FILE. Simonson, Ken // Fleet Owner;Jun2002, Vol. 97 Issue 6, p12
Reports the review of the structure of federal highway excise taxes by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee. Possibility of changes; Results of a hearing which dealt with the recommendations from the Joint Committee on Taxation.