U.S. Drops Challenge to Santa Rosa, Calif., on Tax-Exempt Pipe Deal
- ABS pipe business faces justice test. Coeyman, Marjorie // Chemical Week;5/4/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 17, p11
Reports on the investigation launched by the Justice Department's Antitrust Division on the setting of American Society of Testing Methods (ASTM) standards for acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) pipe. Cooperation of GE Plastics, Dow Chemical and Monsanto on the investigation; ABS pipe...
- Notice of Lodging of Consent Decree Under the Oil Pollution Act. Katz, Maureen // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;1/9/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p1085
The article presents information on a notice issued by the U.S. Department of Justice to propose a consent decree for recovering the damage of natural resources of Marathon Pipe Line Co. LLC as per the U.S. Oil Pollution Act.
- HAWAII: U.S. Sewer Agreement Signed. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;5/11/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32627, p9
The article reports that U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and Justice Department have reached an interim agreement concerning bond-funded sewer system upgrades, with the Hawaii attorney general's office and the city and county of Honolulu.With the rupture of a main pipeline that led to some...
- Jury: Pipe maker, workers guilty of enviro, safety abuses. Truini, Joe // Waste News;5/8/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p3
The article states that a federal jury has found a division of McWane Inc. and four company officials guilty of committing flagrant abuses of environmental and worker safety laws. The seven-month trial was the longest environmental crimes trial the U.S. Department of Justice has prosecuted....
- Court Upholds Legality of Bond Sale to Renovate Chicago's Soldier Field. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p40
Reports on Illinois Supreme Court's decision to dismiss a lawsuit that challenged legislation permitting the sale of $400 million of tax-exempt bonds. Utilization of the proceeds from the sale; Opinions about the court's decision.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p39
Presents information about short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S. as of June 28, 2001.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p40
Presents information about several short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S. as of October 24, 2001.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;11/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31257, p40
Presents statistics on short-term tax-exempt securities in the U.S. as of November 02, 2001. Securities for which the data between November 02, 2000 and November 01, 2002 is provided; Estimated rates of the 30-Day commercial paper; Variable-rate demand statistics of Lehman Brothers Money Market...
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p37
Presents short-term tax-exempt yields for securities in the U.S. as of November 08, 2001. Variable rate demand for municipal bonds; Money market municipal index for bonds.