State Officials Urge Enactment of Multi-Year Bill to Aid Economies
- NAPA reacts to proposed transportation budget. // Pit & Quarry;May96, Vol. 88 Issue 11, p6
Cites the National Asphalt Pavement Association's finding that President Bill Clinton's proposed transportation budget for fiscal year 1997 would cut highway spending by an estimated $508 million from current levels. Amount of increase in total funding for the Department of Transportation.
- Transportation Sign-Off. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/1/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33325, p9
The article reports on the 8.2 billion U.S. dollars transportation program signed by Governor Mark Parkinson of Kansas.
- Funding wheels of the bus go 'round and 'round. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/3/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 45, p13
The article reports on the funding worth 555,937 U.S. dollars received and to be shared by six local programs in Indianapolis, Indiana from the Federal Transit Administration's Job Access and Reverse Commute and New Freedom programs.
- Michigan Lawmakers Offer Big Transportation Package. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/25/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33652, p5
The article offers information on the 13-bill package soon to be introduced by the Michigan legislators that is intended to rebuild the transportation infrastructure of the state.
- $687.7 million earmarked for new starts in '96. // Railway Age;Dec95, Vol. 196 Issue 12, p33
Lists transit projects to be funded through the 1996 Transportation Appropriations Act. Includes the Atlanta North Springs project; South Boston Piers; Canton-Akron-Cleveland commuter rail.
- Florida House Panel OKs High-Speed Rail Appropriation. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31616, p4
Reports that the Florida House Finance & Tax Committee has approved a bill that would provide the Florida High Speed Rail Authority with a 75 million appropriation from the Florida Department of Transportation. Annual tax credit.
- Committee slams capital Crossrail funding burden. Donatantonio, Domenic // Planning (14672073);2/26/2010, Issue 1857, p4
The article reports on the issues concerning the funding plans for Crossrail in Great Britain.
- Isle of Wight considers PFI to fund tunnel to mainland. Harding, David // Public Finance;11/20/98, p5
Reports proposal for the Isle of Wight transport project funding by the Private Finance Initiative in Great Britain. Tube tunnel as link between the island and the mainland; Proposal as a strategy for economy regeneration of the island; Impact on employment and market access; Local and...
- Update. // Traffic World;9/23/96, Vol. 247 Issue 12, p58
Tracks the financial trends in the transportation industry for the week ended September 16, 1996. Diesel price index; Container activity at American ports; Western lumber industry indicators; Freight volume index.