Tax Opponents Spar Over Internet Taxation at Hearing
- House Judiciary Committee to Hold Hearing on E-Fairness. // GPP eNews;2/28/2014, p2
The article reports on a hearing to be held by the U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee that will examine the different policy concepts and approaches to take in order to achieve a fair and level playing field for retailers as it relates to tax collection in 2014.
- Straight From Central Casting. Dettmer, Jamie // Insight on the News;01/04/99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p48
Incorporates humor into the testimonies presented to the United States House Judiciary Committee regarding the impeachment of President Bill Clinton.
- Censure Has No Constitutional Basis. // Human Events;12/18/98, Vol. 54 Issue 48, p12
Presents excerpts from the hearings conducted by the US House Judiciary Committee's Subcommittee on the Constitution on the background and history of impeachment. Propriety or usefulness of censuring the president as an alternative; Censure or fines as violation of the separation of powers;...
- House Hearing on Gay Aliens. Walter, Dave // Advocate;8/7/84, Issue 400, p59
Reports on a hearing held by the Immigration, Refugees and International Law Subcommittee of the U.S. House Judiciary Committee, in which Administration officials and gay rights activists presented their views on a bill related to gays, proposed by Representative Barney Frank (D-Mass.) as of...
- ARTICLE SOURCES. // Journal of Current Issues in Crime, Law & Law Enforcement;2012, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p231
No abstract available.
- U.S. House Committee to Weigh Chapter 9 for Puerto Rico. Slavin, Robert // Bondbuyer.com;2/17/2015, p31
The article reports that the U.S. House Judiciary Committee plans to hold hearings in 2015 on a bill introduced by Puerto Rican Resident Commissioner Pedro Pierluisi that would make Puerto Rico's (PR) public corporations and municipalities eligible for Chapter 9 bankruptcy. Topics covered...
- House Hearing on Internet Gambling Bills. Heller, Michele // American Banker;4/29/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 81, p4
Reports that the U.S. House Judiciary Committee is scheduled to hold a hearing on competing bills involving Internet gambling. Provisions of the bill.
- U.S. House subcommittee hears pros of sales tax streamlining bill. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;2/1/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p3
The article reports on the hearing of the testimony on the Sales Tax Fairness and Simplification Act of 2007 conducted by the U.S. House Judiciary Subcommittee on Commercial and Administrative Law. Subcommittee Chairman Linda Sanchez notes the impact online sales on sales tax collection....
- Online piracy to be discussed. Nagesh, Gautham; Sasso, Brendan // Hill;11/14/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 157, p26
The article reports on a hearing to be held by the U.S. House Judiciary Committee on November 16, 2011 to discuss the Stop Online Piracy Act introduced by Lamar Smith.