Credit Enhancers: Can Florida Support New Convention Center?
- VisitBritain gets 'slap in the face' // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/30/2004, Issue 2625, p28
Reports on the stability of government funding for the tourist body VisitBritain in Great Britain.
- IN BRIEF. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Sep2011, Issue 440, p32
The article reports the move of the Welsh government to spend a total of 4 million British pounds to fund a personalised travel planning project.
- Boost for Qld's RDAF. // Travel Daily;6/6/2012, p6
The article reports that Queensland will benefit from the federal government spending of $33.6 million as part of its global funding initiative, cultural and tourist developments, regional airport upgrades.
- Tourists' willingness to pay for wildlife viewing and wildlife conservation in Namibia. Barnes, J.I.; Schier, C.; van Rooy, G. // South African Journal of Wildlife Research;1999, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p101
Contingent valuation was used to survey tourists viewing wildlife in Namibia. Expenditures on, and willingness to pay for, wildlife viewing trips, park admission, a wildlife conservation fund and a community fund were elicited. Each wildlife viewing tourist, in Namibia in 1995, contributed an...
- Congress Awards Funds Providing For Promotion of U.S. Tourism. Michels, Jennifer // Travel Agent;2/24/2003, Vol. 311 Issue 8, p16
No abstract available.
- Taxation without representation. Snyder, Eric // Inside Tucson Business;02/07/2000, Vol. 9 Issue 46, p4
Discusses the result of an Arizona Chamber of Commerce poll held in January 2000 that 56% of Arizonans were in favor of using tourism taxes to pay for a stadium for the Arizona Cardinals football team, the Fiesta Bowl and possible future Super Bowls. Problems perceived in using tourism taxes...
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Capital Investment in the Tourist Industry. Shvedov, L.V. // Problems of Economics;Apr76, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p45
Develops an approach to determine the efficacy of capital investment in the Soviet Union tourist trade and its implication on one-time expenditures. Importance of the environment in the development of tourism; Quantification of factors and indicators relevant for the analysis of one-time...
- WHO'S SAYING WHAT ONLINE? Hordon, Brian; Midgley, Nathan // Travel Weekly (UK);5/4/2007, p33
The article discusses various issues of interest to people involved in the travel industry. Great Britain is forecasted to increase its spending on tourism by 40.6 percent in 2008. A free stay at Crete's Capsis Resort Hotel in Greece will be given to the person who buys Budapest Central Cinema's...
- NT rejects wastage claims. // Travel Weekly Australia;8/4/2006, p5
The article reports that Northern Territory's (NT) tourist chiefs have rejected claims that it wastes money on domestic tourism. Based on the report of Australian Institute, taxpayers were losing out as subsidies paid to local tourist attractions were not recouped. It further stresses that the...