As it turns 20, country's largest AIDS-service group busier than ever
- Hawaii Moves Against AIDS. Helquist, Michael // Advocate;10/15/85, Issue 431, p21
Reports on anti-AIDS activism in Hawaii. Efforts of Life Foundation to draw Hawaii's population into the effort against AIDS; AIDS cases in Hawaii.
- APLA Under Investigation For Financial Wrongdoings. Vandervelden, Mark // Advocate;12/23/86, Issue 462, p12
Reports on the investigation carried out on the AIDS Project Los Angeles (APLA) for charges of accepting kickbacks in the dispensing of federal emergency shelter monies. Agency officials' denial of the allegations; Limitation of investigation to the audit of emergency shelter vouchers;...
- Johnson City, TENNESSEE. // Advocate;1/6/87, Issue 463, p26
Reports that the Tri-Cities Project, a community-based AIDS organization has been formed in Tennessee.
- NEWSFRONT: TEXAS. // Advocate;10/27/87, Issue 484, p27
Reports on Austin, Texas City Council's approval of plans to establish a private foundation to raise money for the treatment and care of AIDS patients.
- AmFAR Under Siege. Zachary, Bohdan // Advocate;4/21/92, Issue 601, p44
Discusses the challenges facing the American Foundation for AIDS Research (AmFAR). Duplication of efforts; Lack of innovation; Criticisms against the AIDS organization's community-based research efforts.
- ACO board will not step down. Fagan, Noreen // Capital Xtra (Ottawa);10/13/2011, Issue 236, p12
The article reports on a press release issued by the board of directors of the AIDS Committee of Ottawa (ACO) to confirm that it will remain in place after receiving a non-confidence vote at its annual general meeting on September 21, 2011.
- THE QUILT. Ritter, John // Advocate;9/27/88, Issue 508, p60
Features the neighborhood art project, NAMES Project Quilt that began in San Francisco, California which has grown to symbolize the AIDS crisis in the country. Discussions about human issues in AIDS; Use of the project by politicians as an opportunity to boost public support for their...
- REBRANDING AIDS. Dalton Jr., Richard J. // Xtra West (Vancouver);2/10/2011, Issue 456, p9
The article reports on the removal of the word "AIDS" from the name of some organizations after AIDS was identified in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- WHARP coordinates West Side response. Demarest, Erica // Windy City Times;4/18/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p14
This article offers information on the West Side HIV/AIDS Regional Planning Council (WHARP) based in Chicago, Illinois.
- AIDS/ACTION. // New Internationalist;Jun2002, Issue 346, p28
Lists several global AIDS/HIV organizations. Contact number; Web site address; Initiative of the organization.