Medical students need own charter, CFMS says
- RT Week Fanshawe Style. Brown, Julie // Canadian Journal of Respiratory Therapy;Winter2006, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p16
The article focuses on the creation of Respiratory Therapy Student Federation formed by the respiratory therapy students from Fanshawe College in Canada. The goal of the club is to provide awareness of the profession throughout the college, and to educate the public and develop increased...
- Women in cardiology: a UK perspective. Timmis, A. D.; English, K. M. // Heart;Mar2005, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p273
The article reports that in the last 10 years women entering British medical schools have for the first time come to outnumber men. Despite this, women remain under-represented in many hospital specialties, particularly cardiology where they comprise only 16.8 percent of trainees and 7.4 percent...
- MED SCHOOL APPLICATIONS RISE: WOMEN IN MAJORITY. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Dec2003, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p80
Reports on the rising number of medical school applications in the U.S. in 2003, according to a study released by the Association of American Medical Colleges. Number of individuals applied to attend medical school in the 2003-2004 school year; Percentage of increase in the number of medical...
- Minority project a bust. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Jan2000, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the number of medical school applications from minorities in the United States in 1999. Report from the Association of American Medical Colleges; Health science programs of medical schools.
- Member Discounts for Graduate Students. // ASHA Leader;4/11/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p23
The article reports on the availability of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association's (ASHA) Graduate Student membership discount for 2007 and beyond. To apply, a participant must either provide ASHA with a letter on university letterhead affirming that he/she is a full-time or part-time...
- The first 25 years of the Northwestern Ontario Medical Programme. McCready, William; Jamieson, John; Tran, Aun; Berry, Susan // Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine;Spring2004, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p94
Objective: A tracking study of the undergraduate medical students and postgraduate residents who participated in the Northwestern Ontario Medical Programme (NOMP) during its first 25 years (1972-1997) was conducted to search for factors related to physician recruitment to Northwestern Ontario....
- Recruiting Students for Medicine. Geokas, Michael C.; Branson, Barbara J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;9/1/89, Vol. 111 Issue 5, p433
Discusses medical school admissions in the U.S. Problems with the recruitment of medical students; Information on the cost of medical education; Recommendation on medical school admission.
- Minority Enrollment Declines in California Medical Schools. // Public Health Reports;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 114 Issue 5, p395
Reports on a study which found significant reductions in applications and admissions of members of under-represented minority groups in California medical schools from 1990 to 1998. Statistical findings of the study; Reasons behind the decline; Implication of this trend.
- Medical Student Orientation Day. Webb, Charles // British Columbia Medical Journal;2015, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p327
The author discusses the significance of the Medical Student Orientation Day which marks the beginning of a fascinating opportunities through medical school, residency, and into practice.