- Africa's life and color captured in the lens by Africans themselves. Press, Robert // Christian Science Monitor;1/11/95, Vol. 87 Issue 32, p10
Discusses the African photographers and their works. Problems faced by African photographers; Importance of their work in documenting African life; Details of works at the African Photography Festival, held in December 1994; Works and viewpoints of various upcoming African photographers.
- Tribute to Garvey in 'Rapid Eye' exhibit. // New York Amsterdam News;03/01/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p32
Presents information on a photography exhibit titled 'Rapid Eye Movement' at the Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corp.'s Center for Art and Culture in New York City. Holding of the exhibit by the group Guerillas in the Midst; Names of members; Display of works from Brooklyn, New York City Black...
- SHABAZZ! // Xtra (Toronto);3/15/2007, Issue 584, p29
The article focuses on the activities of U.S. photographer Jamel Shabazz in Ontario. The photographer became famous for documenting street fashion in New York City in the 1980s, featured in the book "Back in the Days." Shabazz will participate in the free Kodak Lecture Series at the Centre for...
- Azim Thomas: A witness with camera. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;4/27/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 18, p11
This article reports that several African American photographers assembled last Saturday at the Countee Cullen Library in Harlem, New York City for the opening reception and to salute African American photographer Azim Thomas's exhibition that will run until the end of the month. Though Thomas,...
- Jamel Shabazz exhibition opens at the Corridor Gallery in Brooklyn. Fields, Kerika // New York Amsterdam News;1/26/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p22
The article focuses on the exhibition "Reflections: Photographs from 1980-2005," at Danny Simmons' Corridor Gallery in Brooklyn, New York City. The exhibition is conducted by photographer Jamel Shabazz. The show, which opened on Sunday and runs through February 25, 2006, is an impressive solo...
- A chance to see the nation's best parks--all under one roof. // Time;9/8/1997, Vol. 150 Issue 10, p78
Announces the retrospective `Half Past Autumn: The Art of Gordon Parks,' which opens at Washington's Corcoran Gallery on September 10, 1997. Photographs to be on display including `The Learning Tree' and `Shaft.'
- Schomburg hosts New Harlem Renaissance Photographers exhibit. // New York Amsterdam News;1/27/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p18
The article reviews the exhibition "Harlem Views/Diasporan Visions: The New Harlem Renaissance Photographers," at the Latimer/Edison Gallery in New York City on February 1, 2011, which features 23 photographers of African-American and African descent.
- Back in the Days (Book). Frischkorn, Shauna // Library Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p104
Reviews the book 'Back in the Days,' by Jamel Shabazz.
- Back in the Days. Sirmans, Franklin // Black Issues Book Review;May/Jun2002, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p22
Reviews the book "Back in the Days," by Jamel Shabazz.