Potential use of safer injecting facilities among injection drug users in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside
- Root causes. Brandt, David // Industrial Engineer: IE;Feb2009, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p50
The article presents a case study to explore how an orthomolecular therapy clinic in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has continuously modified itself to meet the needs of its patients. It describes Arche Wellness as a rehabilitation center that treats people with all chemical addictions but specializes...
- DEVELOPING, VALIDITY AND RELIABILITY OF A DRUG ADDICTION MODULE AMONG DRUG ADDICTS WHO ARE UNDERGOING TREATMENT AT REHABILITATION CENTRES. AHMAD, Jamaludin; HASSAN, Aminuddin; ABIDDIN, Norhasni ZAINAL // Journal of International Social Research;Nov2008, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p47
The aim of this study is to develop a module, to determining the validity and reliability of a drug addiction module among drug addicts (inmates) who are undergoing treatment at rehabilitation centers organized by National Anti Drug Addict Agency (AADK), Ministry of Home Affairs, Malaysia. The...
- Survivors of the favelas. Griffiths, Andrew // Community Care;10/2/2008, Issue 1741, p18
The article features Casa Dia (Day House), a complex on the outskirts of Garca in Brazil. The place is a home to eight recovering male drug addicts aged 18 who reside voluntarily under the care and supervision of Altamiro Mendez Gomes, an ex-user and a team of volunteer mentors, teachers and...
- New Southern Ohio addiction treatment center opens doors. // Athens News;4/8/2013, p20
The article reports on the Health Recovery Services (HRS) Southern Ohio Treatment Center for drug addiction, which opened in Jackson, Ohio.
- THE TRUTH ABOUT "REHAB" & DRUG ADDICTION. // Scholastic Scope;3/23/2009, Vol. 57 Issue 14, p20
The article offers information on some facts about rehabilitation centers and drug addiction.
- A Neighborhood's Fix. Norris, Heather // Baltimore Jewish Times;2/13/2015, Vol. 342 Issue 7, p22
The article discusses setting up of drug and alcohol rehabilitation center for heroine addiction in Baltimore, Maryland.
- I CAN'T GET NO SATISFACTION. Tower Jr., Whitney // Town & Country;Aug2012, Vol. 166 Issue 5385, p80
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being in rehabilitation centers while struggling with drug addiction.
- Abnormal Normality: Addiction, Identity and the Problem of Normal. Saaristo, Kimmo // At the Interface / Probing the Boundaries;2009, Vol. 55, p177
A disease concept of addiction is often used in many rehabilitation programmes. This paper uses empirical data gathered in one treatment institution where the treatment is based on the idea of addiction as a disease. This paper will scrutinize the questions of addiction, identity, and normality....
- Three Approaches to the Casework Treatment of Narcotics Addicts. Mill, Leon // Social Work;Jan68, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p25
The article presents information about three approaches to the casework treatment of narcotics addicts. This discussion of casework approaches to the treatment of narcotics addiction is not meant to be all-inclusive, but rather to describe the three treatment modalities with which the writer has...