In My Own Words
- Marine fish farming in India - Failed expectations? James, C. M.; Kitto, M. R. // Current Science (00113891);6/25/2008, Vol. 94 Issue 12, p1550
The article reports on the challenges facing marine aquaculture (mariculture) in India. It reveals that market globalization, poor knowledge on marine fish breeding by farmers, and lack of cooperation between scientists and fish farmers are the factors that pose threats to fish supply in the...
- The White House. // Congressional Digest;Feb27, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p67
On January 24, 1927, an executive order was passed, withdrawing certain lands in Alaska for use of the U.S. Bureau of Fisheries in connection with its duties for the enforcement of salmon fishery laws and investigational work. On February 3, 1927, an executive order was passed, prescribing the...
- New Regulations for Take Permits. // Rock Products;Feb2005, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p20
This article focuses on new regulations published by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service covering incidental take permits issued under the Endangered Species Act, as of February 2005. The provisions of the regulations are outlined. The factors to consider in revoking an incidental take permit are...
- President Column. Albrecht, Jeff // Out of Doors;Nov2005, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p2
The article presents the views of the author on the speech by Don McCrea, regional supervisor South Dakota Department of Game, Fish and Parks on fishing regulations. The speech was delivered by McCrea at the monthly meeting of the Brookings Wildlife Federation in early November 2005. The speech...
- States Heating Up As Feds Cool Off. Pendergrass, John // Environmental Forum;May/Jun2006, Vol. 23 Issue 3/4, p8
The article reflects on the usefulness of state and federal regulations in the U.S. The author believes that negative phrases do not influenced the efficiency of these regulations by the level of government. Like the most recent law in Pennsylvania, it concerns environmental issues that appear...
- Exempt Rules. // Minnesota State Register;2/8/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p1071
The article presents the exempt permanent game and fish rules related to designated special management and experimental waters that were adopted by Department of Natural Resources (DNR) in Minnesota. The state's Legislature and Office of Administrative Hearings and the Revisor of Statutes...
- Conservation in a fish-eat-fish world. Hinman, Ken // Salt Water Sportsman;Aug98, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p26
Presents information on the importance of managing marine ecosystems. Reference to the resurgence of the striped bass fish; Information on the ecosystem of the sea; Details on the amendments made to the Magnuson Act; In-depth look at the Magnuson Act.
- Search for fish disease detection kit. // Professional Fisherman;Sep2003, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the development of a test designed to detect a disease which could seriously affect Australia's marine aquaculture industry. Detection of red sea beam iridovirus.
- Putting a Human Face on the Alaskan Fishing Squabble. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31043, p34
Focuses on the impact of federal restrictions on fishing and fishing zones on the livelihood of fishermen in Alaska. Effort of the government in protecting the population of the sea lion; Concern over the payment of debts; Details of the imposed restrictions.