McNeill Stresses Development, Long-Range Planning In Meetings With League's Pacific Southwest Leaders
- Recreation... // All Hands;Jul96, Issue 951, p47
Reports on the reopening of the Coffee House at the Navy's Camp Shields in Okinawa Island, Japan. Navy Mobile Construction Battalion 4's (NMCB 4) revitalization of the coffee house.
- Defense bill seeks to `protect' Calverton. Jochum, Glenn // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/16/94, Vol. 41 Issue 20, p45
Reports on the effect of the approval of two provisions protecting the US Navy's Northrop/Grumman facility at Calverton, New York. Coverage of provisions; Reactions from regional and local officials; Similar legislation for Francis Gabrieski Airport at Suffolk County.
- VICTORY AT CEC. Rivers, Brendan P.; Puttre, Michael // Journal of Electronic Defense;Sep2001, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p40
Focuses on the development of a Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) for the ships of the United States Navy in battling against air attacks. Details of CEC operation; Developer of the concept; Identification of command and control as an important component of CEC.
- Manning DD-21. Cordle, John P. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Feb2001, Vol. 127 Issue 2, p59
Features Zumwalt (DD-21), surface combatant of the United States Navy. Number of sailors; Analysis on the details of manning issue; Problems of the crew size and training requirements.
- Military Trends for 2012 Include Steady Funding, Less Purchasing. P. K. // Club Industry;Jan2012, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p28
The article discusses the trends for 2012 on the Navy fitness centers in the U.S.
- Stalwarts of support at Souda Bay. // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p11
Focuses on a facility established by the United States Navy in Souda Bay, Greece to support a military operation launched against the Serbian forces in Kosovo. Refueling of tankers and planes flying in the Kosovo region; Airlifted cargo and weapons loaded in the facility; Use of the facility as...
- 'Crossroads of the Pacific' closed. Burgess, LCdr. Rick // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p22
Relates the closure of the United States Navy's naval air station in the Hawaiian Islands in Hawaii. History of the air station; Increased level of activity in the air station during World War II and the war in Korea; Squadrons that made use of the Navy' facility; Factors responsible for the...
- The Navy is the best thing that has happened to Vieques... O'Neil, Jr., Captain John E. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov99, Vol. 125 Issue 11, p62
Discusses the importance of the Vieques Weapons Range in Puerto Rico to the United States Navy. Role of the facility in combined arms training; Importance of live fire exercises to the training of naval personnel; Campaign to remove the naval facility.
- ... and its not time to give it back. O'Neil Jr., John // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov99, Vol. 125 Issue 11, p64
Discusses the reasons for keeping the Vieques Weapons Ranges in Vieques Island, Puerto Rico as a United States Navy facility. Importance of the facility for live fire exercises; Politics as the reason for the controversy.