Navy Mulls Communications Role for Maritime Ships
- Help Keep This the Greatest Navy. Natter, Robert J. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Dec2000, Vol. 126 Issue 12, p2
Discusses issues that are considered important in the future of the U.S. Naval Institute. Retaining great people; Meeting the Navy's commitment; Maintaining adequate force levels and readiness.
- Time to Be Heard. McGrath, J. Michael // Sea Power;Apr2008, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p3
The author voices out the problems within the U.S. maritime services. He calls on lawmakers to increase the funding for maritime services. He mentions the Presentation One, which centers on introducing the Navy League to the lawmaker as well as the essence of a robust naval fleet, and the...
- Effects-Based Operations. Crowder, Gary L. // Military Technology;Jun2003, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p16
Describes the use of effects-based operations (EBO) by the U.S. Military during the U.S.-led attack against Iraq in 2003. Evolution of precision attack technologies; Impact of precision strike weapons on air warfare doctrines; Application of linear and parallel operations; Advantages of...
- The New American Way of War. Myers, Richard B. // Military Technology;Jun2003, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p64
Examines the military techniques used by the U.S. military in the U.S.-led attack against Iraq in 2003. Analysis of the combat power used by the armed forces; Application of precision attack technologies in the war; Importance of intelligence capability in implementing a successful combat power.
- Bush Team Rethinks Strategic Doctrine. Mann, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/22/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 4, p26
Reports the revision of the Cold War deterrence doctrine of the United States. Expansion of the deterrence theory to non-nuclear scenarios; Utilization of intelligence collection and command-and-control space operations; Modernization of the command, control, communications, intelligence and...
- Agent of Change. Barnard, Richard C. // Sea Power;Dec2005, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p34
The article presents an interview with Terrance Etnyre, Commander, United States Surface Forces about the naval surface forces. Etnyre discusses importance of introducing the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) into the fleet. He reacts to the criticism that the Navy does not have an idea of why it needs...
- From the Seass to the Stars. Cremins, Tom // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jul2009, Vol. 135 Issue 7, p38
The article focuses on the international guidelines and frameworks and their respective history initiated by the U.S. through leadership opportunities. Accordingly, the modern naval policy's origin at the start of the 20th century has been a significant element of the heritage. It is noted that...
- Robert Heinlein, RIP. Cunningham, Mark // National Review;6/10/1988, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p21
Pays tribute Robert Heinlein, a U.S. Navy lieutenant. Career highlights; Naval terminologies coined by Heinlein; Political beliefs.
- JCS Strike Group Completes Exercise Valiant Shield 2007. // Sea Technology;Nov2007, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p65
The article reports on the John C. Stennis Carrier Strike Group's completion of Exercise Valiant Shield 2007. The joint exercise was conducted off the coast of Guam and tested the military's ability to rapidly bring together joint forces in response to any regional contingency. More than 20,000...