Adm. Keating Says Coast Guard Was "Pivotal" Force
- The US. Coast Guard and the Normandy Invasion. Reinburg Jr, LeRoy // Officer Review Magazine;Nov2004, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p13
Focuses on the role of the U.S. Coast Guard played in the Allied Invasion of the Normandy Beaches in France that brought an end to Naz Germany's domination of the European Continent. Participation of the U.S. Coast Guard in every armed conflict in which the U.S. has engaged since its founding on...
- Jointness Is Key to Success in Coastal Warfare. Fawcett, Paul // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Aug2003, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p56
The naval coastal warfare (NCW) community has become increasingly more important, beginning with its first major deployment in Operation Desert Storm/Desert Shield in 1990-1991 to Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003. The need to protect high-value U.S. assets abroad and the need to secure foreign...
- MARINE CORPS AIRCRAFT UNITS. // Sea Power;Jan2013, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p128
The article lists the squadrons of the U.S. Marine Corps, a unit of three to ten warships, including Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadrons (VMM), Marine Attack Squadrons (VMA) and Marine Medium Tiltrotor Training Squadron (VMMT).
- Coast Guard Aviation Gets New Look. Alam, Carl; Greco, Charles // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Aug2003, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p41
The Integrated Deepwater System project is under way, and will change the face of Coast Guard aviation as it introduces new systems â€” such as CASA twin-engine maritime patrol aircraft â€” and upgrades legacy aircraft.
- SEA SERVICES DIRECTORY. // Sea Power;Jan2013, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p1
A directory for the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps is presented.
- Coast Guard Prepares for Larger Role with Deepwater Funding. Friedman, Norman // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Aug2002, Vol. 128 Issue 8, p4
Reports on developments relevant to the Deepwater Project of the U.S. Coast Guard compiled as of August 2002. Finance for the project; Purchase of ships, inshore craft and aircraft; Overview of the role and responsibilities of the coast guard; Coast defenses.
- The Coast Guard and Maritime Security. Stubbs, Bruce B. // JFQ: Joint Force Quarterly;Autumn2000, Issue 26, p95
Reports the development of an operational concept for safeguarding the national interest of the United States. Mission of the Coast Guard; Factors affecting maritime interests; Scope of maritime awareness.
- Knowledge, Interest and the Limits of Military Professionalism: The Discourse on American Coastal Defence, 1815â€“1860. Watson, Samuel J. // War in History;Jul98, Vol. 5 Issue 3
Examines the discourse on American coastal defense in 1815 to 1860. Attempt on formulating the American national security police before the Civil War; Work of the Board of Engineers for Fortifications; Reaction of army officers for exertion of military expertise.
- 'Ready Now, Sir!'. Winkler, David F. // Sea Power;Sep2001, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p29
Provides information related to the history of United States (U.S.) Navy destroyers. How destroyers came to be called as such; Design of the torpedo boat destroyers deployed by the U.S. Congress on May 4, 1898; Duties assigned to original destroyers.