Adm. Vern Clark: A Visionary Naval Chief
- Smooth Sailing. Zacharia, Janine // New Republic;4/7/2003, Vol. 228 Issue 13, p10
Describes the early stages of the Iraqi War from aboard the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt in the Mediterranean Sea. Morale among the thousands of people aboard the T.R. (as the ship is called) seemed in little need of boosting. Scores of sailors--some who rarely get near the flight deck--jammed a...
- From the Inside. HENLINE, BOBBY // Guideposts;Jun2014, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p36
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being an Army staff sergeant and transportation specialist during Iraq War troop surge of 2007.
- It's more than a game. Ravitz, Neil // Sporting News;12/16/2005, Vol. 229 Issue 50, p10
In this article, the author shares his experiences regarding the football rivalry between Army and Navy of the United States, with specific reference to the U.S. war in Iraq. Over the past four years, passion for the Army-Navy rivalry has been rekindled because of the swell of patriotism sparked...
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW 2003. Utz, Curtis A.; Evans, Mark L. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p20
Reexamines the events related to naval aviation and the U.S. Navy from January to December 2003. Demonstration of the importance of naval aviation in national security and military readiness; Deployment of combatant U.S. naval aviation forces during the Iraq War; Public contracts awarded to...
- REDUCTION TARGETS. Hanson, Marshall A. // Officer;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p10
The article focuses on the anticipated cuts in the U.S. defense budget as a result of debt-ceiling legislation requiring budget submissions by federal agencies at 5 percent lower than current levels. It notes that the proposed cut of 350 billion dollars in ten years' time on top of the 150...
- Shaping the Navy of the 21st Century. Cotton, Vadm John G. // Officer;Dec2003, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p42
Focuses on the changes needed in the United States Navy Reserve as of December 2003 to meet the demand for military readiness in the twenty-first century. Efforts as part of the initiative to fully integrate the Naval Reserve into the Total Force; Changes in the global security environment;...
- OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p2
Presents a photo essay on the support provided by the U.S. Navy's aviation operations to coalition forces in the 2003 Iraq War. Fighter Squadron 32 F-14B Tomcats on the way to Iraq in early April 2003; Refueling stop made by a pair of AH-1W Super Cobras on a highway near Baghdad; Aircraft carriers.
- "GATORS" MANAGE SKIES DURING OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM. Polson, William // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p53
Reports on the involvement of the U.S. Navy's Arabian Gulf Gators amphibious forces in Operation Iraqi Freedom 2003. Problems that the forces had to overcome during the gulf operations; Organizational structure of military operations in the area.
- Lessons Learned from Smallpox Vaccination of U.S. Navy Forces before Operation Iraqi Freedom. Savitz, Scott; Stewart, Jessica // Military Medicine;Apr2007, Vol. 172 Issue 4, p353
Our objectives were to document and to analyze the U.S. Navy's smallpox vaccination program before Operation Iraqi Freedom, discerning lessons for future mass vaccination programs. This research scrutinized the challenges inherent in vaccinating âˆ¼40,000 personnel at diverse locations within...