Session in Doubt
- Arkansas Schools Redux. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/19/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32281, p1
The article states that Governor Mike Huckabee of Arkansas said that he may call a moratorium on all school construction unless school districts can prove that the work they are doing is absolutely necessary. Huckabee said this in response to a ruling by the Arkansas Supreme Court that the...
- Arkansas Justices Suggest Intervention in School Funding Case. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31797, p4
Reports on the suggestion of justices Donald Corbin and Tom Glaze that the Arkansas Supreme Court could intervene in school funding debate. Failure of the state to provide ample access to capital finance resources for all districts; Plan signed off by the General Assembly and governor Mike...
- Consultants: Arkansas Needs $847M More Per Year for Education. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/4/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31712, p36
Focuses on expenditure on education by the government of Arkansas. Plans of Mike Huckabee, Governor of the state on improving the funding of public education; Overview of a study by consultants on the additional revenue needed by the state for providing adequate education to all students;...
- School Consolidation, Funding Still Looms Large. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p26
Introduces the first school consolidation proposal by Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee. Mechanism of raising money for education spending; Finance for public schools; Terms of the exemption.
- Arkansas Court Declines to Rehear School Finance Ruling. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/23/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31538, p3
Reports on the rejection of an appeal by the Arkansas Supreme Court of state attorney general Mark Pryor to reevaluate its decision on the school finance system. Details of the ruling given by the court; Consequences of possible tax rise enforcement under the amendment; Concerns of attorney...
- Arkansas Governor Reveals New School Funding Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p36
Reports on the proposal of an education finance plan by Governor Mike Huckabee in Arkansas. Amount proposed by Huckabee for public education per year; Disadvantages of the plan; Budget of the state for public education.
- Arkansas High Court Starts Hearing School Funding Case Appeal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/7/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31486, p48
Reports the hearing on the funding for public education by the Arkansas Supreme Court. Consideration of funding schools as a legislative mandate; Fiscal budget for schools; Finance formula used by the court.
- Hack Of The Day. BEASLEY, RON // Moderate Voice;12/15/2012, p5
The article reports on the perspective of former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee on the reason why the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. It notes that Huckabee believes that the mass shootings happened due to the restrictions on school prayer and religious...
- The Consolidation Divide. Ehrenhalt, Alan // Governing;Mar2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
Discusses the implications of the consolidation plan of Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee for the state's public schools. Details of the consolidation plan; Verbal abuse experienced by former Arkansas Governor Jim Guy from the public when he proposed a similar plan for the public schools;...