- California Schools Costs May Soar After Court Rejects Financing Method. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;7/10/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F326, p1
A battle between Fresno Unified School District and a developer playing out in California courts could be costly for the state's school districts.
- Auditor: Boulder, Colo., School District Used Loan Funds Properly. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31726, p27
Reports on the financial review of the loan of Boulder Valley School District by the Colorado Auditor's Office in Colorado. Confirmation on proper use of the funds borrowed from the state interest-free loan program by the office; Dismissal of the accusations raised against the school district...
- $161 million in school construction funding approved in Maryland. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;5/24/2012, p2
The article reports on the approval of more than 161 million U.S. dollars by Maryland officials in school construction funding that will allow districts in Baltimore, Maryland to undertake renovation projects.
- ARKANSAS: Keep Excess School Funds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/4/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33823, p5
The article informs that according to the ruling of Arkansas Supreme Court, school districts that can create property tax revenues above the state's basic per-student stipend do not have to share the excess collections with poorer districts.
- Affirmative Action Under Attack. Simpson, Michael D. // NEA Today;Nov99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on the legal issue regarding affirmative action of school districts in the United States. Argument of non-minority students against affirmative action; Court decision concerning affirmative action in schools; Benefits of racially diverse student bodies. INSET: `Privilege,' SAT Scores,...
- short takes. // School Library Journal;Jun2003, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p22
Presents updates related to libraries in the U.S. as of June 2003. Ruling of a federal judge that ordered a school district to return Harry Potter books that was banned by a school board; Speaking engagements of several young adult authors.
- Judge Orders Tally Of Costs to Improve Baltimore Schools. Maxwell, Lesu A. // Education Week;5/24/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p6
This article reports that in May 2006, a state circuit court judge ordered school officials from Baltimore and the Maryland Department of Education to spell out how much it will cost the school district to implement a series of state-imposed mandates to improve low-performing schools. A lawyer...
- Librarian in Censorship Case Honored. Ishizuka, Kathy // School Library Journal;Oct2001, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p17
Reports the culmination of a censorship case between Island Trees School District (ITSD) board officials and student Steve Pico in New York, New York. Background of the case; Amendment right of students law in the appellate court's decision; Recognition to librarian Irene Turin for the...
- Excerpts From the High Court's Opinions In the Island Trees Book-Removal Case. // Education Week;8/25/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 41, p16
An excerpt from the texts of the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in "Board of Island Trees Union Free School District v. Steven A. Pico" is presented.