Marco Island, Fla., Planning $103 Million Water and Sewer Sale
- IRS' Audit List Keeps Growing. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) plan to examine sewage facilities that are financed with private-activity bonds. Opening of the tax agency's audits in the area; Attempt of the IRS to determine whether tax-exempt private-activity bonds may have been inappropriately...
- At Long Last, Atlanta on Verge Of $865M Water-Sewer Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31965, p1
Reports on the plan of Atlanta, Georgia to issue bonds to finance a water-sewer project. Structure of the bonds.
- Nailing down savings from sewer and water bids proves tricky. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/4/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p8
Focuses on the plan of the sewer and water systems in New Orleans to save money to issue bonds to fix leaky systems. Use of 91 million dollar operating budgets; Issuance of bonds for capital repairs; Reduction of backlog.
- Jefferson County, Ala., Selling $275M Of Sewer Repair Warrants Today. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;03/13/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31095, p3
Reports the sale of sewer revenue capital improvement warrants by the Board of Supervisors in Jefferson County, Alabama. Similarity of sewer repair warrants to bonds; Use of the sale proceeds to fund replacement and expansion program of sewer system; Basis of the expansion program.
- Toledo, Ohio's largest deal ever earmarked for utilities. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;03/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30602, p32
Reports that Toledo, Ohio will begin a $120 million overhaul of its sewer and water systems when it issues $67 million of revenue bonds. Structure of the bonds; Underwriter; Bond ratings.
- Atlanta-area growth spurt spurring water bond projects. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;10/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30748, p3
Reports on the growth of water-sewer revenue bond projects in Atlanta, Georgia, resulting from an ongoing population growth. Major sewer-related bond deals in the city; Concentration of growth; Other factors affecting planned bond offerings for water-sewer projects.
- San Mateo, Calif.'s two-part sewer deal aims for more savings, less odors. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/30/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30511, p49
Reports on the competitive sale of two series of sewer revenue bonds in November 1998 by the city of San Mateo, California. New-money issue of the city on November 10, 1998; Use of proceeds to improve the city's sewer systems; Securing of refunding debt by net revenues from the sewer utility.
- Arizona Road District Bond Deal Includes Unique City Guarantee. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;06/15/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31161, p6
Reports on the issuing of multi-million dollar road improvement district bonds for the town of Buckeye, Arizona, in July 2001. Dain Rauscher Inc. as underwriter of the negotiated deal; Financing of a water and sewer line for a residence area; Pledge of city to foreclose on delinquent assessment...
- Lake Havasu, Ariz.: London Bridge, and Now a Sewer System. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31422, p32
Reports the replacement of septic tanks with a sewer system by the city in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. Approval in the revenue bonds of the city by the voters; Finance of the sewer system construction by Water Infrastructure Finance Authority; Statement regarding the financing by executive...