S&P Updating KennyBase to Offer Real-Time Securities Data
- New Mexico to Borrow $300 Million As Lawmakers Grapple With Budget. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/2/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31523, p48
Reports that New Mexico will sell 300 million dollars of routine tax and revenue anticipation notes as of December 3, 2002. Ratings agency Standard & Poor's Corp.'s rating of the deal; Ratings of other agencies of the deal; Prevailing economic situation in the state.
- Criteria developed for rating tax lien securities. // American City & County;Dec95, Vol. 110 Issue 13, p44
Reports that Standard & Poor has developed a criteria for rating securities backed by pools of liens. Assessment of the differences in state laws that govern the securitization of tax liens; Determination of the risks of a pool of liens; Requirements for assigning a rating on tax lien...
- S&P calls P&I clubs stronger and changes traditional rankings. Unsworth, Edwin // Business Insurance;05/25/98, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p45
Looks at a report from Standard and Poor's Corporation agency, on the improvement of indemnity clubs, and their financial security. Reference to the 1998 Marine Mutual Report; Implementation of the European Union's Insurance Accounts Directive; Names of the clubs which were given A/A- ratings;...
- S&P: 'Impressive' Recovery Rate on Defaults. Peters, Terry // National Mortgage News;9/23/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p11
Focuses on the recovery rate of defaulted credit finance securities in the U.S. Role of Standard & Poor's in rating the finance securities; Decline of recovery rate; Evidence of relative scarcity of defaults among structured finance securities.
- A cautionary tale. Freeman, Glenn // Super Review;Oct2006, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p16
The article provides information on the report presented by Standard & Poor's Corp. related to investment selection in Australia. It suggested that investors should be selective when branching out into alternative investments due to evidence showing reliable returns and high fees. Three key...
- Aurora Upgraded. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/26/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32431, p39
The article reports that Standard & Poor's has upgraded the general obligation debt of Aurora, Illinois, to AA-plus from AA because of the city's strong financial performance and tax growth. The review was performed in conjunction with the city's planned sale of $31 million of general obligation...
- Overdues Rise For Commercial. // National Mortgage News;10/20/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p2
Forecasts the increase of delinquency rate on Standard &Poor's-rated commercial mortgage-backed securities at the end of second quarter of 2003 in the U;S. Comparison of the rate at the end of first quarter; Impact of the increase on the company; Number of loans going into the special ...
- S&P Study: '05 Vintage Has Highest CMBS Default Rate. // National Mortgage News;10/20/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the strong credit performance of commercial mortgage-backed securities according to a Standard & Poor's report on commercial mortgage defaults in the U.S. Average interest rate on the mortgages; Percentage of the loan carrying a mortgage; Guidelines in considering a default loan.
- University Securitizes Patent. Gregory, Michael // Private Placement Letter;10/30/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p5
Reports on the first royalty securitization rated by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, based on a pharmaceutical research patent held by a United States university. Value of the deal called BioPharma Royalty Trust; Expiration date of the research patent; Remarks from Ellen Welsher, director...
- Argentina a hot spot for mortgage securities. Brockman, Joshua; Timmons, Heather // American Banker;4/16/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 71, p13
Presents information on Standard and Poor's yearly report on mortgage securities, which labeled Argentina with large market potential. Reason for this assessment of Argentina; Details on Argentina's housing market; Insight on the government's regulation of the industry.