PLANNING, COMMUNICATION A MUST FOR: CRISIS MANAGEMENT
- Crisis communication tips are food for thought. Pirozzolo, Dick // Nation's Restaurant News;05/26/97, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p22
Opinion. Offers crisis communication tips for food operators in the United States. Attitude of operators during ambush interview; Approaches on how to present positive television image to viewers; Procedure of four-part response method for operators.
- Crisis communications guide. Walker, Ben // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/1/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4427, p46
The article offers advice for hotel businesses on dealing with the media in the event of a crisis using a food poisoning case involving a professional football team. Reputation is vitally important to every hotel. Luckily, the Marriott West India Quay, the London, England hotel at the centre of...
- Managing BAD NEWS. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/17/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p10
Offers advice on how restaurants can manage crises caused by a food poisoning outbreak linked to their establishments. Basics of crisis management; Need to take every food-safety precaution possible; Importance of setting up a crisis-management team and a crisis-management plan; Importance of...
- Lack of public confidence during a crisis is manageable provided you're prepared. Caponigro, Jeff // Nation's Restaurant News;05/28/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 22, p30
Provides tips for crisis management in the foodservice industry. Problems in the foodservice industry; Importance of assigning executive responsible for crisis-management planning; Conduct of a vulnerabilities analysis.
- Catering Vigilance Increases Safety. Carlisle, David // Business & Commercial Aviation;Mar2002, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p54
Focuses on business aviation catering. Food storage and handling system of aircrafts; Prevention from inflight incidents of food poisoning; Training of flight crews about food safety. INSETS: Dry Ice;Not Just Any Flight Attendant Will Do;Galley Safety;FlightSafety International Flight...
- good week/bad week. Manson, Emily // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/7/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4441, p14
The article presents updates in the food service industry in Great Britain. Crisps Walkers has launched low-fat crisp with only 99 calories and 2.1 gram of fat per bag. Probiotic yogurts are being recruited to fight autism in children. Basic hygiene failures caused food poisoning cases to...
- Keeping a crisis from going bad to worse. Reid, Janine // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;01/24/2000, Vol. 209 Issue 4, p41
Highlights the importance of effective crisis management in the business world. Case of Coca-Cola Co.; Failure of the firm to quickly respond to a food poisoning crisis in Europe; What-if analysis; Graphic presentation of a possible crisis progression.
- LETTERS. Lamb, Susan; Burke, Harold; Welch, Judi; Smith, Neil; Tate, Steve // Travel Weekly (UK);6/6/2008, p34
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including the editorial by Penny Wilson in the May 16, 2008 issue regarding the need for travel companies to ensure well-rehearsed crisis management systems in place, an article on the economic crisis and the...
- Food poisoning and salmonella surveillance in England and Wales: 1982. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/28/1984, Vol. 288 Issue 6413, p306
Examines food poisoning and salmonella surveillance in Great Britain for the period of 1982. Occurrence of salmonellosis and food poisoning in patients; Figures on mortality from salmonella infection; Increase in the sporadic cases of S. typhimurium.