GRILLS, GRIDDLES AND BROILERS: Surface-cooking savvy
- grilling. // Good Housekeeping;Jun2007, Vol. 244 Issue 6, p166
The article discusses grilling as an American tradition. It states that 80 percent of Americans own grills. Grilling's intense heat requires keeping close tabs on flame flare-ups. Excessive charring may pose health risks and researchers have found out that there are cancer-causing compounds form...
- fire it up. Wright, Ylla // Australian Table;Jan2003, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p128
Features several models of barbecue grills. Room Interior Products Portable Stainless Steel Barbecue; BeefEater Balcony Barbecue; Grand Turbo.
- OBJECTS OF DESIRE. // Metro (NZ);Nov2002, Issue 257, p90
Features several kitchen appliances. Portability of Weber Charcoal grill; Information regarding Domestic Cooking System from the U.S.; Availability of Kent Gasgrill barbecue.
- Meat (en)counter. J.D.L. // Gourmet;Aug2003, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p113
Provides information on the London broil. Reference to broiled or grilled flank steak.
- PARK-GRILL BONUS. S. L. // Marie Claire (US Edition);Jul2010, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p97
The article offers suggestions for grilling in a park including filling the charcoal, firing it and taking one's own cooking grate.
- Off the Grill. Clement, Britney Jean // Yoga Journal;Aug2005, Issue 189, p29
Relates the author's interest in grilling. Real pressure of barbecuing; Connection between food, fire and friends; Secret to great grilling; Factors affecting grilling time. INSET: Now you're cooking.
- Gas-grill cart. Ashley, Steven // Popular Science;May86, Vol. 228 Issue 5, p62
Focuses on the Nordic Ware portable gas grill developed by Northland Aluminum Production at Minneapolis in Minnesota. Price of the gas grill; Use of stainless steel burner in the gas grill.
- Loaded Deck. Vontz, Andrew J. I.; Coppa, Matt; Cohen, Sara; Good, Brian; Medich, Rob; Medina, Justina; Millado, Nate; Shu, Les // Men's Fitness;Jun/Jul2004, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p52
Evaluates several products for a barbecue party. Wireless 15-inch liquid crystal display flat screen television from Sharp; Cooler from Coleman; Stainless steel charcoal grill from Viking Range.
- MARINATING REDUCES GRILLING HEALTH HAZARDS. // USA Today Magazine;Jul2002, Vol. 131 Issue 2686, p8
Reports that the American Institute for Cancer Research warns studies have found grilling and broiling cause muscle meats to produce cancer-causing compounds. Risks from heterocyclic amines; Process that led to the creation of polycyclic hydrocarbons; Reduction of carcinogens through marinating...