Pleasing the 'vocal minority'
- More center-of-the-plate. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p156
Reports on health care food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menus. Re-engineered lasagna at Pocono Medical Center in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania; Vegetable side dishes cum center-of-the-plate combos at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center in New York City;...
- Options that fill the bill. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p128
Cites the vegetarian selections being offered in some American hospitals and healthcare facilities. Includes Indian dish called lentil dahl; Tofu stir-fry; Penne pasta; Linguine with pesto; Black bean casserole; Broccoli bake incorporating rice; Artichoke; Vegetable lasagna; Salmon; Pizza and...
- More items on the menu. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p108
Offers a look at the menus served at the HealthSouth Doctors' Hospital in Coral Gables, Florida. Comments from Paul Sucher, director of food and nutrition services at the hospital; Description on white bean salsa; Examples of vegetarian food offered at the hospital.
- Cost-effective dishes. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p96
Discusses the health benefits and costs of preparing vegetarian food items in the United States. Advice from Ellen Di Giampaolo, director of food and nutrition services at Harbor-University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center, on cost-saving practices in cooking vegetables; Details...
- summer recipes from Greece. Maguire, Cathy // Natural Health & Vegetarian Life;Summer2006/2007, p44
The article presents several recipes for vegetarians including the Beetroot, Mint and Walnut Salad With Garlic Yoghurt, Saganaki on a Ragout of Vegetables and Stuffed Tomatoes.
- IN GLENDALE, CA: Hosp. cafe sets new b'fast bar, bakery. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p5
Deals with the breakfast menu launched in the vegetarian cafeteria of Adventist Medical Center in Glendale, California. Schedule of the availability of the breakfast menu; Meat substitutes included in the menu; Cost of the dishes.
- 30-minute recipes. // Vegetarian Times;Nov2002, Issue 303, p25
Presents some recipes on quick vegetarian meals. Garden Rolls; Sweet and Sour Stir-Fry; Wild Rice and Tomato Stew.
- GREAT REVIVAL. Farell-Kingsley, Kathy // Vegetarian Times;Oct2001, Issue 290, p76
Presents several vegetarian recipes. Chickpea, Bulgur and Tomato Pilaf; Spinach Phyllo Pie; Lemon Crumb Cake.
- HONOR ROLL. Chappell, Mary Margaret // Vegetarian Times;Jan2010, Issue 373, p58
Several vegetarian recipes which won at the 2009 Chef's Challenge contest are presented, including Bruschetta with White Bean Paste, Tomato Chutney and Reduce Balsamic Glaze, Sicilian-Style Roasted Vegetables with Balsamic Syrup and Wild Mushroom Ravioli in Sage and Brown Butter Sauce.