Pleasing the 'vocal minority'
- More center-of-the-plate. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p156
Reports on health care food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menus. Re-engineered lasagna at Pocono Medical Center in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania; Vegetable side dishes cum center-of-the-plate combos at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center in New York City;...
- Options that fill the bill. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p128
Cites the vegetarian selections being offered in some American hospitals and healthcare facilities. Includes Indian dish called lentil dahl; Tofu stir-fry; Penne pasta; Linguine with pesto; Black bean casserole; Broccoli bake incorporating rice; Artichoke; Vegetable lasagna; Salmon; Pizza and...
- More items on the menu. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p108
Offers a look at the menus served at the HealthSouth Doctors' Hospital in Coral Gables, Florida. Comments from Paul Sucher, director of food and nutrition services at the hospital; Description on white bean salsa; Examples of vegetarian food offered at the hospital.
- Cost-effective dishes. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p96
Discusses the health benefits and costs of preparing vegetarian food items in the United States. Advice from Ellen Di Giampaolo, director of food and nutrition services at Harbor-University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center, on cost-saving practices in cooking vegetables; Details...
- summer recipes from Greece. Maguire, Cathy // Natural Health & Vegetarian Life;Summer2006/2007, p44
The article presents several recipes for vegetarians including the Beetroot, Mint and Walnut Salad With Garlic Yoghurt, Saganaki on a Ragout of Vegetables and Stuffed Tomatoes.
- IN GLENDALE, CA: Hosp. cafe sets new b'fast bar, bakery. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p5
Deals with the breakfast menu launched in the vegetarian cafeteria of Adventist Medical Center in Glendale, California. Schedule of the availability of the breakfast menu; Meat substitutes included in the menu; Cost of the dishes.
- MEATLESS MONDAYS. Recipes; Davis, Tiffany Vickers; Fry, Sidney // Cooking Light;Aug2013, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p132
The article presents two meatless recipes, for Poblano Sopes With Avocado Salad and Tomato Ricotta Tart.
- Low-Fat & Fast. Farrell-Kingsley, Kathy // Vegetarian Times;Oct2001, Issue 290, p20
Presents several vegetarian recipes. Bell Pepper Saute Over Polenta; Tomato and White Bean Soup; Pasta With Greens; Baked Stuff Tomatoes.
- GREAT REVIVAL. Farell-Kingsley, Kathy // Vegetarian Times;Oct2001, Issue 290, p76
Presents several vegetarian recipes. Chickpea, Bulgur and Tomato Pilaf; Spinach Phyllo Pie; Lemon Crumb Cake.