Meatless variety a must
- Meeting multiple requests. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p106
Reveals the efforts of foodservices in schools in the United States to offer varied menus to school children. Examples of ethnic cuisines at the Saint Johnsbury Academy in Vermont; Description on vegetarian pizza; Vegetarian population at the Lawrenceville School in New Jersey.
- Lowfat, vegan growing. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p154
Reports on the inclusion of lowfat and vegan selections in vegetarian offerings in university campuses in the United States. Vegetarian selections at Penn State University in University Park, Boston College in Massachusetts, University of San Diego in California and Duke University. INSET:...
- Vegetarian recipe corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p130
Presents several vegetarian recipes used by several college food facilities in the United States. Includes Haiku School's Veggie Chili; University of California-Santa Barbara's Black Bean Chili; Michigan State University's Vegetarian Vegetable Soup; Henderson County School's Brown Rice Pilaf.
- Vegetarian On-the-Go. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p93
Reports the growth trend and profitability of vegetarian entrees on non-commercial cafeteria menus in the United States. Percentage of hospitals that serve vegetarian entrees; Number of school lunchrooms that serve vegetable dishes; Variety of vegetarian entrees served at Indiana University...
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p68
This section offers news briefs in food service industry. Kellogg's Food Away From Home and Chartwell Higher Education collaborated to create vegetarian and vegan program on college campuses. Christ the King School in Richland, Washington was named Whole Year Supply of Rice sweepstakes winner...
- BROADENS MENU VARIETY: Cornell U.'s Smoke Shack delivers signature flavors. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p6
Announces that Cornell University in Ithaca, New York has opened Smoke Shack, a server in Trillium Dining Hall. Features of the Smoke Shack food station; Comments from Eileen Hughes, executive chef; Examples of its vegetarian cookery.
- MORE VEGETARIAN, TOO: In-house prep yields menu upgrade at E-town College. // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p12
Reports that Elizabethtown College in Pennsylvania has changed its menu by preparing in-house foods instead of repackaged meals for students and faculty. Vegetarian and low-fat meals offered; Percentage of the increase in food costs; Decline in labor costs in relation to the move.
- Purdue re-do adds menu options. // FoodService Director;12/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p4
The article provides information on Windsor Dining Court, a quick-serve restaurant at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, which opened in August 2005 after being renovated. The facility offers menu concepts not offered elsewhere on campus. It has three stations which offer vegan and...
- Defining the vegetarian. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p132
Highlights the popular vegetarian selections in United States colleges and universities. Includes mushroom burgers; Chili-baked potatoes; Steam vegetables; Hummus and chick peas; Potato-based vegetarian pot pie casserole; Vegetarian pizza; Saffron flavorings; Basmati rice; Burritos; Vegetarian...