...AND MEATLESS FOR ALL
- Maharishi University's All-Veg Campus Dining. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;5/29/2012, p2
The article states that every meal at Maharishi University in Fairfield, Iowa is vegetarian and organic.
- MARKET MATTERS. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p6
Presents news briefs on the food industry in the U.S. as of February 15, 2003. Operational status of the convenience store, Village Store, at the University of San Diego in California; Popularity of vegetarian foods among college students; Foodservice management contract signed by Tiffin...
- IDEALISM IN BAR HARBOR: One college's philosophy. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;3/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p88
Deals with the ecologically food service program at College of the Atlantic in Bar Harbor, Maine. Comments from Donna Skill, food service director; Nature conservation projects of the college; Size of its organic farm; Favorites in its vegetarian menu.
- UNT Opens All-Vegan Dining Hall. // Food Management;Sep2011, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p11
The article reports that the University of North Texas (UNT) is in the process of converting its Mean Greens cafeteria into a solely vegetarian dining area, which will offer vegetarian pizza, protein salads, made-to-order paninis, a variety of fgluten-free options, and vegetarian desserts.
- College foodservice meets challenges with innovations. Pierce, C. Dennis // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, JumpStart p3
Editorial. Discusses some of the innovations which are being made in colleges in the United States, to improve the food service operations. Details on some of the changes made to cafeterias in colleges; Problems which are being encountered by food service directors; Reference to some of the...
- Comparing in-house vs. national brands. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p174
Compares the quality of the food service offered by the auxiliary service sector and the campus facilities, highlighting a case study conducted at the Michigan State University. Details on some of the methods used to enhance quality of foods at the facilities; Revenues generated by colleges...
- Campus feeders deploy more brands in bids to revive student-center dining. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p41
Focuses on the efforts of food service industry to revive student-center dining in college campuses in the United States. Effects of growing percentage of older enrollees; Campus expansion; Scholars' embracing of computer technology.
- Institutions go to `market' with new service concept. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;11/11/96, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the debate over the marketplace concept of noncommercial food service in universities in the United States. Key features of the food service concept; Challenges in operating; Questions regarding the marketplace concept.
- College meal cards good at seven merchants. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p20
Reports that the students of Iona College in New Rochelle, New York will be able to use their meal cards off campus at seven participating merchants on North Avenue. Names of merchants; Courses offered by Iona.