FOR THE SUMMER QUARTER: Harvested acreage for fresh veg. down 2%
- Y-T-D market basket index rises 1.89%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p40
Presents an update on the prospective area for spring harvest of several types of fresh market vegetables in the U.S., as of May 2005. Broccoli; Cabbage; Sweet corn; Tomatoes; Carrots.
- FOR 12 FRESH-MARKET ITEMS: Summer vegetable acreage down 2%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p76
Explores the prospective area for harvest of several fresh market vegetables during summer 2000. Broccoli; Cabbage; Cauliflower; Eggplant.
- Fresh vegetable harvest acreage to increase 2%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p38
Reports on harvest acreage forecasts on several fresh vegetable and citrus plants in the U.S. in 2005. Cabbage; Carrots; Onions; Strawberries; Tangerines.
- PLANT POWER. Brown, Jordana // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Apr2008, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p70
The article offers information on certain vegetables that help individuals build up muscle. They include the potato, tomato, broccoli, spinach and onion. It is noted that potatoes, which is composed mostly of starch, should be eaten only post-workout. Tomatoes contain loads of lycopene, a...
- Edibles Data. // Horticulture Week;8/31/2012, p57
Several tables are presented which lists the wholesale prices of vegetables in Great Britain including beetroot, bulb onions and cabbage and supermarket prices of salad vegetables including radish, tomatoes and pepper.
- Grow Healthy -- Eat Healthy. Minter, Brian // Gardens West;May2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p10
Features vegetable varieties suited to healthy lifestyle. Healthkick tomato; Discovery cabbage; Candy onion. INSET: Planting a Flowering Dogwood Tree.
- How Natural Enemies and Cabbage Aphid (Brevicoryne brassicae L.) Population Dynamics Affect Organic Broccoli Harvest. Nieto, Diego J.; Shennan, Carol; Settle, William H.; O'Malley, Rachel; Bros, Shannon; Honda, Jeffrey Y. // Environmental Entomology;Feb2006, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p94
The cabbage aphid (Brevicoryne brassicae L.) is the primary broccoli (Brassica oleracea L.) pest in Monterey County. These aphids' ability to contaminate a broccoli head has sometimes led to zero-tolerance spray thresholds. To improve on these management practices, aphid arrival time,...
- Moving East. Kelley, William Terry // American Vegetable Grower;Mar2005, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p44
Suggests that growers can take advantage of the production windows for broccoli and cauliflower in the Southeast of California. Months when broccoli and cauliflower should be planted in the Southeast; Chances of freeze damage in the area; Tips on harvesting and handling the crops.
- Cream of the Crops. Cavagnaro, David; Yeoman, John; Wallin, Sheila; Murray, Helen; Elliott, Brook // Mother Earth News;Jun/Jul2003, Issue 198, p85
Provides information on several vegetable crops recommended by readers of the journal 'Mother Earth News,' including tomato, broccoli, okra. INSET: Tomato and Okra Bruschetta.