TO MEET DIVERSE LTC NEEDS: Erickson's Brooksby opens first-ever bistro restaurant
- Double Scoop. // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the establishment of the Fountain Hill CafÃ©, a 1940's-inspired cafÃ©, complete with ice cream fountain at the Charlestown Retirement Community in Catonsville, Maryland. Erickson Retirement Communities has transformed an existing country store into the 744-square-foot...
- Erickson might have hedged status as a for-profit: report. Berger, Liza // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;May2010, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the bankruptcy of senior living provider Erickson Retirement Communities in the U.S.
- Novi land purchased for retirement community. Dietderich, Andrew // Crain's Detroit Business;4/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p32
Reports the proposal of the Erickson Retirement Communities on its life care community in Novi, Michigan.
- Developer of Fox Run, Henry Ford Village seeks bankruptcy protection. Nelson, Gabe // Crain's Detroit Business;10/26/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p4
The article informs that Baltimore, Maryland-based Erickson Retirement Communities LLC has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy last week in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Texas. Citing declining revenue caused by drops in sales and occupancy at its 19 senior-living facilities nationwide, Erickson has...
- $350M community planned. Dietderich, Andrew // Crain's Detroit Business;06/04/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the plan of Baltimore, Maryland-based Erickson Retirement Communities to build a multi-million dollar retirement community in Novi City, Michigan. Request of rezoning and woodland-wetland permit approval from the city council; Number of apartments and buildings in the proposed community.
- State should ante up. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/4/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p10A
Comments on the proposal of Maryland-based Erickson Retirement Communities to develop the former Kings Park Psychiatric Center in Long Island, New York. Development plan of the company for the site; Impact of the planned development on the traffic situation in the area; Recommendation for the...
- Erickson among Fortune's best US employers. // Journal on Active Aging;Mar2008, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p12
The article reports that "Fortune Magazine" has selected Maryland-based Erickson Retirement Communities LLC for its 11th annual list of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" in January 2008. The company is ranked 93rd and is the only retirement provider/developer on the list. In connection,...
- Staying alive: Three takes on today's senior living. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Aug2006, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p14
The article presents updates on senior living. Two companies that have developed reputations for keeping aging residents up and at them in literally hundreds of ways are Erickson Retirement Communities and Sunrise Senior Living. Erickson has 18 communities serving more than 17,000 residents in...
- The Impact of Erickson Communities on Existing Markets. Brecht, Susan B.; Brod, Kathryn L.; Muller, Nicole D. // Seniors Housing & Care Journal;2008, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p25
In the past 20 years Erickson Retirement Communities has been developing continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) in an increasing number of markets. Its CCRC developments have caused existing providers in these and future Erickson target markets to question how their own communities will...