WHILE PAYROLL COSTS SOAR: Weekly revenues rise 26% in n/c
- FOR NON-COMMERCIAL F/S: MARKET GROWTH FLAT IN '02. // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p1
Reports that the U.S. non-commercial food service market remained flat in 2002 according to tallies by industry researcher Technomic. Decline in retail sales equivalent for the year; Role of lifestyle trends in the growth of the industry; Prediction on the industry's retail sales growth in 2003.
- Sumitomo confident on Rabigh project. Govindasamy, Siva // Chemical Market Reporter;3/13/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 10, p14
The article reports on the positive outlook of Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd. regarding its profitability in the refinery and cracker project, despite higher cost projections in Rabigh, Saudi Arabia. The company said that the cost would be about 9.8 billion dollars, a 15-percent increase from the...
- Productivity Rise Caps Wages. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/11/2014, pA01
8 Productivity rose 2.5% in Q2, following a 4.5% decline in Q1. That helped keep unit labor costs in check, with a slim 0.6% gain â€” after Q1's 11.8% spike. That was short of the 1.6% gain expected. Output was up 5.2% in the quarter. Hours worked accelerated to a 2.7% increase in Q2, the...
- FEAR NOT. PROFITS WON'T TANK. Ezrati, Milton // Treasury & Risk;Dec2006/Jan2007, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p56
The article presents an outlook for corporate profits in the U.S. in 2007. According to the author, overall spending should continue to expand at a reduced pace in the said year. It attributes the growth of corporate profits to contained labor costs with productivity surging more than offset the...
- Rising costs pressure value menu strategies. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;11/26/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 47, p1
The article reports on the steps taken by fast-food restaurants to reverse the declining profits from their low-priced value meal offerings amidst increasing business and labor costs in the U.S. in 2007. It includes an in-depth analysis of various subject matter relevant to the topic, as well as...
- TOP 10: BUSINESS CHALLENGES. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/1/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4684, p13
A list of top 10 business challenges in Great Britain including rising food and ingredient costs, high labour costs, and raising profitability, is presented.
- Chapter 4: Business Environment. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2012 2nd Quarter, Issue 2, p25
The article presents an outlook for the business environment in Vietnam with information on the SWOT analysis of its business environment, the business environment rating through infrastructure and the importance of large and inexpensive workforce to attract foreign investors.
- It's Show Time! // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb2006, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p37
The article examines prospects for the restaurant and food service industry in the U.S. in 2006. The restaurant business is projected to experience its 15th consecutive year of real sales growth in 2006. The full-service sector will lead the way with expected sales of $173.4 billion. The...
- Fast-Casual Diners Break Out. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/3/2015, pB02