IN TAKING ON HEALTHCARE: Chavel eyes 'attractive data'
- inbrief. // Food Management;May2005, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p23
Reports developments related to food management in the U.S. Contract gained by Sodexho USAâ€™s Health Care Services Division for the Memorial Hermann Healthcare System in Houston, Texas; Retirement of Gerald Weller as director of dining services at the University of Connecticut; Selection...
- NewsMakers. // Modern Healthcare;2/25/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p49
Presents an update on healthcare industry executives in the U.S. as of February 25, 2002. Candidacy of George Lynn and David Bernd for the post of chairman for the American Hospital Association; Selection of Richard Brown as chairman of the Section for Health Care Systems of the American...
- Recognizing the next generation. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;5/5/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p22
Editorial. Encourages nominations for the 17th annual Up & Comers recognition program for healthcare executives in the U.S. Background on the program; Qualifications for nominees; Reasons for the decline in the rate of hospital chief executive officer turnover.
- People. // Healthcare Executive;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p34
Reports developments on the executives of the health care industry in the U.S. Selection of Michael C. Waters as member of the Task Force for Economic Growth; Winners of the inaugural Premier Award for Quality; Appointment of Joel T. Allison to the position of board of director for United...
- Quotes of note. Scott, Jeanne Schulte // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jun98, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p22
Compiles the comments of several senior healthcare executives in the United States on medical care. Includes Carl Martin of the Health Insurance Plan of California; Michael McGarvey, medical director of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Jersey; Daniel Jorndt, chief executive officer of Walgreen.
- Newsmakers. // Modern Healthcare;04/14/97, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p33
Presents brief news stories on changes made at the managerial level at health care organizations in the United States as reported on April 14, 1997. Selection of Dwight Winstead as executive vice president in charge of supply management at Cardinal Health; Resignation of James Rogers as...
- Health care coverage and costs: A major challenge for innovative managers. Smith, Quentin I. // Management Review;Dec80, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p37
Focuses on the challenges for innovative managers on health care coverage and costs. Emphasis on the volatile social and economic changes; Effectiveness of innovative management; Details on the plan of provisions for employee benefits.
- Guess what keeps the top brass up at night. Solovy, Alden; Sunseri, Reid // Materials Management in Health Care;Nov98, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p68
Discusses the findings of the poll conducted by `Hospital & Health Networks' magazine and the Medical Group Management Association on what health care executives are doing to make their organizations succeed. Implementation of cost control measures; Increasing market share and information...
- PEOPLE. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);May2002, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p102
Presents news about executive movement in the field of healthcare finance administration in the U.S. Morgan Hay; Thomas G. Radenberg; Perry T. White; Joyce Gusman; Susan M. Labow.