- Sophisticated Selling. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;11/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p42
The author discusses the benefits offered by contractor brand name for building a loyal customer base among foodservice contractors in the U.S. Compass Group has responded to that challenge by working with talented chefs from the restaurant business to create customer-pleasing concepts such as...
- Levy Restaurants. BERGER, LIZA // Nation's Restaurant News;1/30/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p114
The article discusses the success and dining concept of Chicago, Illinois-based restaurant operator Levy Restaurants Inc. The company was founded in 1978 and has 25 restaurants. The company's annual sales is $610 million. Despite success in the restaurant industry in the U.S., the company is on...
- Levy Restaurants: Enjoying the sporting life. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;8/13/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p74
Reports on the partnership of Levy Restaurants with Compass Group PLC to help its expansion in the United States foodservice industry. Retention of the role of chief executive officer, Larry Levy; Importance of the leadership of Compass in the international foodservice management market; Growth...
- CAFFÃˆ RITAZZA. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;5/16/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 20, p58
This article describes the business concept of CaffÃ¨ Ritazza, a coffee bar-bistro created by Charlotte, North Carolina-based Compass Group PLC. The concept, which started in Europe, was brought to all Compass' divisions in the U.S. since 2002. With an offering of sandwiches, coffees and mixed...
- Metz revamps `The Scrounge' at Gannon. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/25/96, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p23
Reports on Metz and Associates Ltd.'s completion of a renovation of `The Scrounge,' a dining facility on the campus of Gannon University in Erie, Pennsylvania. Restorations in the facility.
- WITH NEW MANUALS, RECIPES, ETC.: Metz sets culinary overhaul. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p34
Highlights the Quality Through Culinary Excellence Program of Metz & Associates Ltd. of Dallas, Pennsylvania. Aim of the procedure manuals, concept materials and other initiatives of the program; Team members of the program.
- WITH TRAINING, QUALITY FOCUS: Metz adds $4MM in Penn. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the completion of the renovation on the Gateway Center Complex, a food service facility owned by Metz & Associates, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Features of the facility; Factors that contributed to the success of Metz.
- Compass to step up preflight dining bid. Walton, Christopher // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/14/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4480, p11
This article reports that contract catering company Compass Group PLC is hoping to reduce the first and club class in-flight catering by getting more passengers to eat in airport terminals. According to Compass, an increased investment in preflight dining in a bid to get food off planes after...
- Back on the homefront: New kids in town. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/6/95, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p50
Reports on the rising competition among contract foodservice companies in the United States. Entry of international companies to the domestic market; Compass Group's introduction of a British operating company and two concept brands in the United States; Remarks from Mike Bailey, the chief...