A 5-YEAR PLAN: Dole advances bill to phase out reduced-price category
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/29/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p22
This article presents news briefs related to the food service industry in the U.S. The American School Food Service Association applauded the U.S. Senate for including in its budget resolution a provision that would provide funding to begin eliminating the reduced-price meal category in school...
- THE NEWS&OBSERVER. // Hill;6/29/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 80, p16
The author reflects on the revival of the immigration reform bill in the U.S. Congress, with the support from a bipartisan Senate coalition and the White House. The author states that the promotion of the legislation delivered by the Republican Elizabeth Dole, facing her re-election in 2008. It...
- CAPITAL UPDATE. // Education Week;2/13/1991, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p29
This article tracks the movement of legislation, the introduction of notable bills, and routine regulatory announcements in the U.S. John R. Dunne, assistant attorney general for civil rights testified the House Subcommittee on Civil and Constitutional Rights Act of 1991. Representative SiIvio...
- Better school nutrition will cost more money, ASFSA head tells Congress. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;8/25/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 34, p18
Reports on the high cost of making school-based meals nutritious according to the outgoing president of the American School of Food Service Association Gaye Lynn MacDonald in the U.S. Testimony of MacDonald before the House Education Reform Subcommittee of the Committee on Education and Work...
- The relentless Mrs. Dole. Kosova, Weston; Isikoff, Michael // Newsweek;2/5/1996, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p30
Profiles Elizabeth Dole and the single-mindedness that she brings to her husband Bob's campaign for the presidency. Comparisons to First Lady Hillary Clinton; Distinguishing herself from Hillary Clinton; Intentions to stay head of the Red Cross if her husband is elected; Personal fortune;...
- Working like a charm. Reed, Julia // Vogue;Aug96, Vol. 186 Issue 8, p240
Profiles Elizabeth Dole, wife to presidential candidate Bob Dole. Personal background; Accomplishments as Duke University's May Queen; Relationship with Bob; Views on politics and social issues.
- The woman behind that unwavering smile. Sedgwick, John // Bulletin with Newsweek;8/20/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6034, p62
Profiles Elizabeth Dole, wife of Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole. Role in the candidacy of her husband United States presidency in 1996. Personal background; Career achievements; Comparison between Dole and US First Lady Hillary Clinton.
- The relentless Mrs. Dole. Kosova, Weston; Isikoff, Michael // Bulletin with Newsweek;2/6/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6008, p68
Profiles Elizabeth Dole, wife of United States presidential aspirant Bob Dole. Mrs. Dole's participation in her husband's presidential campaign; Mrs. Dole's social background.
- Blind trust. Mayer, Jane // New Yorker;1/22/96, Vol. 71 Issue 45, p62
Profiles Elizabeth Hanford Dole, Wife of Senator Robert Dole. Childhood; Educational background; Marriage with Bob Dole; Work as Secretary of Transportation; Christian reawakening; Blind trusts.