ASHFSA MEMBERS SAY IT AGAIN: LABOR STILL A 'JUGGLING ACT'
- Associations and Societies. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p281
No abstract available.
- Roster of national associations. // Government Product News;Jan96, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p81
Presents a list of national associations in the United States that will conduct trade shows, meetings and conventions for the year 1996.
- It's not what you do that counts, it's what you belong to. Watson, Bruce // Smithsonian;Apr95, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p128
Offers a humorous look at some of unusual societies in the United States. How no topic is too eccentric to have its own organization; The Jim Smith Society; The FRUMPs (Frugal, Responsible, Unpretentious, Mature Persons); National Organization of Mall Walkers (NOMW); International Association...
- What Americans think. Newport, Frank // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Summer97, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p9
Presents information on a survey carried out on institutions in which Americans have the most confidence. Identification of the two most prominent institutions; Information on the low level of confidence expressed in big business; Presentation of a chart with the listings.
- Association News. // Waste News;10/05/98, Vol. 4 Issue 21, p25
Presents news briefs pertaining to various waste management associations in the United States. Selection of Frances Kennedy as the National Recycling Coalition's president; Number of individuals who received the Nebraska State Recycling Association's 1998 recycling awards; Formation of the...
- National associations. // Pit & Quarry;Aug93, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p28
Presents information on associations in the United States. National and state industry associations; State transportation departments; State geological surveys; Contact information.
- ASAE's top 100. // Association Management;May95, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p49
Reports on the ranking of various associations. Generation of lists from ASAE's database; Individual-member and trade and institutional-member organization ranked by membership size and staff size; Charitable organizations ranked by number of donors; Top 25 association magazines by advertising...
- Association personnel data. // Association Management;Jun95, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p26
Presents personnel data on associations in the United States as of June 1995. Salary of second-highest executive as a percentage of the chief executive officer's (CEO) salary; Income generated per employee; Salary costs per employee; CEO total compensation as a percentage of total association...
- Briefly. // Association Management;Oct96, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p10
Presents news briefs pertaining to associations in the United States. Perceptions of Democrats and Republicans on the importance of associations in the advancement of American; Potential publication of the Associations Advance America 's advertisements; Discussion on the House bill regarding...