FROM GRASSROOTS TO NATL. FORUM: ASFSA bolsters stand on elimination of reduced-price meals, education link
- School meals pose a weighty issue for kids. Garner, James // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/30/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4297, p16
Deals with the 2003 Marketing Week conference on school meals held in London, England. Factors that might influence the British government to change its policy over school meals; Prevalence of obesity among children; Comments from Helen Crawley, nutritionist at London Metropolitan University.
- 10 FOR LUNCH, 5 FOR BREAKFAST: ASFSA urges Congress for boost in school meal funds. // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the call of the American School Food Service Associations (ASFSA) to the U.S. Congress regarding funds for federal child nutrition and school meal programs in the country. Statement given by ASFSA president Gaye Lynn MacDonald during a congressional hearing concerning nutrition...
- AAFP Selects New Officers and Board Members for Upcoming Year. Neff, Matthew // American Family Physician;11/15/2002, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p1813
Announces that the Congress of Delegates of the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) selected officers and board members at the 2002 AAFP Scientific Assembly in San Diego, California. Directors chosen; Candidates for the AAFP position on the board of directors of the American Board of...
- Meeting in other lands. Glassie, Jefferson C. // Association Management;May96, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p161
Questions if associations of the United States (U.S.) can hold their meetings in other countries. Consideration of legal and practical issues; Deductibility of expenses; Appropriate reasons for holding meetings abroad; Whether association's membership includes active members from other countries.
- Bureau News. // NBER Reporter;Fall2002, p27
Presents news briefs on the U.S. National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) as of Fall 2002. Directors and officers elected by the NBER Board; Papers discussed during the summer research meeting of the Program on Economic Fluctuations and Growth of the NBER; Highlights of the twenty-third...
- PMA moves to one meeting per year. // Rubber World;Nov2002, Vol. 227 Issue 2, p59
Focuses on the revision of the meeting calendar by the Polyurethane Manufacturers Association (PMA) in the U.S. Creation of Processing Techniques Seminar by the PMA; Schedule of the 2003 Spring Meeting; Attendees of the meeting.
- Opinions on Chicago Sought. // Spectra;Dec1968, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p1
This article calls for opinions on the 1968 proposal to hold the Speech Association of America Convention in Chicago, Illinois.
- Agents Today Face Higher Stewardship Demands, Incoming PIANJ President Asserts. Barry, Edward // Insurance Advocate;06/24/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 24, p26
Presents an update on the annual joint convention of the Professional Insurance Agents of New Jersey and the Professional Insurance Agents of New York in 2002.
- Register for Summer Conference. // Spectra;Jun1995, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p1
This article calls for participation in the summer conference of the Speech Communication Association for communication and health of the Speech Communication Association that will be held in Washington, D.C. from July 20 to 23, 1995.