SEEKING BEST PRICING: New BOP official is 'on the hunt'
- BOP to implement new meal concepts in federal prisons. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;03/22/99, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p18
Reports that the United States Bureau of Prisons (BOP) will implement two meal concepts in the federal-prison system. Introduction of a modified cook-chill food production system and an inmate meal-card program; Aim of reducing costs; Description of the systems; Production and service...
- HOW PRISON FOODSERVICE IS PERFORMING. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p37
Presents statistical data on prison food service in the U.S. in 2002. Food purchases by state departments of corrections and the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons; Daily food allocation per inmate; Amount spent on food-service equipment purchasing and facility renovations.
- Shifts: State prisons avg. $1.3 mil. in food buys. Pond, James // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p72
Highlights the increase in food purchases in prisons in the United States in 1999. Average food spending of local prisons; Amount spent for the entire Federal Bureau of Prisons; How some certain facilities are showing the ability to reduce food costs. INSET: In North Carolina Corrections:...
- MORE GROWTH: Food spending growing at fed. and state levels. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p45
Presents updates on the spending status of correctional food service market in the United States (U.S.) as of October 15, 2000. Total food spending of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons in 1999; Condition of federal prison population from 1998 to 1999; Prison population at the state level.
- ENR Washington observer. Winston, Sherie; Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;01/05/98, Vol. 240 Issue 1, p9
Presents information pertaining to the construction industry in Washington D.C., highlighting the Federal Bureau of Prisons. Information on the bureau design-build contract; Details on the annual United States share of enlarging North Treaty Organization expansion; Information on the pollution...
- The Federal Bureau of Prisons: Its mission, its history, and its partnership with probation and... Roberts, John W. // Federal Probation;Mar1997, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p53
Provides information about the US Bureau of Prisons (USPB). Primary responsibility of the bureau; Bureau's involvement with the probation and pretrial services system; Services to the Courts; Most fundamental mission of USPB; Bureau's important sources of information.
- Prisons curb access. Culver, Kate // Quill;Oct93, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p34
No abstract available.
- Prison system embraces design-build. Ichniowski, Tom // Architectural Record;Feb1998, Vol. 186 Issue 2, p29
States that the Federal Bureau of Prisons one of the staunchest supporters of separate design and construction contracts is beginning to use design-build. Reference to a $9.6 million contract to architect Reese Associates and contractor Flintco Companies of Tulsa; Comments from Scott Higgins,...
- BOP inmate transport: A high reliability organization. Babb, John; Ammons, Reginald // Corrections Today;Jul96, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p108
Describes the operations of a high reliability organization (HRO) such as the US Federal Bureau of Prisons' (BOP) Prisoner Transportation Branch. Another example of an HRO; How HROs respond to emergency or unexpected situations; Sources of error in HROs.