WITH JACKMONT AS PARTNER: SODEXHO INKS ATLANTA
- The Qutsourcing Question. Sack-Min, Joetta // American School Board Journal;Jun2008, Vol. 195 Issue 6, p22
The article discusses the outsourcing of school lunch programs. The author suggests that outsourcing can reduce bureaucracy for schools but may lead to protests from school employees and labor unions. The lack of personnel for food service programs and financial difficulties are factors in the...
- HEALTHY LIVING: SCHOOL FOOD. // Environmental Education;Spring2005, Vol. 78, p16
The article presents news items related to the quality of school meals. At Stanford Junior School, Brighton, England, parents and governors interested in a whole school approach to food have been using the "healthy living" topic to investigate school food. Staff and caterers have listened to the...
- RESULT OF CHIEF PARTNERSHIP: Ethnic dishes join regular menus at St. Paul Schools. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the addition of ethnic dishes in regular menus at Saint Paul, Minnesota public schools. Change in rice offering; Menu choices for supervisors; Information on the so-called comfort foods.
- The prepared advantage. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;3/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p70
Reports that the trend toward frozen, pre-cooked products has helped food service directors in the U.S. with swelling populations and labor constraints in a number of ways. Range of dishes that can be delivered frozen; Reasons for the usefulness of prepared items; Examples of prepared items...
- Pay for Performance. // FoodService Director;9/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p12
The article discusses the pay for performance program being planned for foodservice employees of Denver Public Schools in Colorado to take effect during the 2012-2013 school year.
- EMPLOYEE INCENTIVES: Bonuses motivate staff in Philadelphia schools. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the financial incentive program for the foodservice staff of Philadelphia Public Schools in Pennsylvania. Benefits of the program; Details on the incentive scheme.
- Schools will have no excuse for serving 'cheap slop', says Kelly. // Education (14637073);6/3/2005, Issue 181, p2
Reports on the statement by British Education Secretary Ruth Kelly that school catering staff are to be provided with vocational qualifications and stop being taken for granted at Unison's school meals conference, as of June 2005. Budget announced for improving school meals; Reaction of...
- Management of Student Food Allergies in School Foodservice Operations. Mutta, Neha; Bednar, Carolyn // TAFCS Research Journal;2009, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p41
The article focuses on United States schools' practices regarding students with food allergies. Topics mentioned include the training of foodservice employees, foodservice administrators' lack of knowledge regarding food allergies, and the importance for schools to develop policies to manage...
- CONTRACT CATERING SCHOOL CONTRACTS ROUND-UP. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/16/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4599, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the hospitality industry in Great Britain. Contract caterer Cucina has been awarded three new school meals contracts worth more than 5 million pounds. Eden Foodservice has been awarded a three-year contract worth 12 million pounds by Hammersmith & Fulham...