CURB REORGANIZES LEADERSHIP
- Change, Challenges Reap Rewards. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p58
Features Alan Moloney, president of the College and University Resource Board (CURB). First job of Moloney in foodservice; Reason of Moloney for choosing the foodservice industry; Earnings of Moloney at CURB and the description of his job as president.
- AT CURB CONFERENCE IN PALM SPRINGS: NETWORKING FOR EFFICIENCIES. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p54
Interviews several members of the College and University Resource Board (CURB) about the advantages of CURB membership to universities and colleges in the United States. Michael Gratz, director of hospitality services at the University of Southern California; Alan Moloney, CURB president;...
- What Traits Do You Look For and What Do You Expect from a Store Manager? // Gourmet Retailer;Nov2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p36
Cites qualities sought after in store managers in the food service. Leadership traits; Training experience; Communication skills; Social skills; Willingness to accept responsibility and work with a high level of accountability; Commitment to the company's mission; Ability to take a proactive...
- MarketCapsule: SELF-OPS GAIN SALARY EDGE. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p6
Presents graphical representation of the salaries of food service officials employed at self-operated corporate dining units in the United States as of September 2001.
- Leaders of the pack: Ongoing initiatives work to develop future women foodservice execs. Anton, Patricia Miller // Nation's Restaurant News;3/31/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p22
Discusses progress that the Women's Foodservice Forum (WFF) has made toward improving professional development opportunities available for women in the restaurant industry. Development of the WFF Leadership Competency Model; Increase in the visibility and involvement of the WFF throughout the...
- A DAY IN THE LIFE. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/21/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 16, p45
Focuses on the importance of general managers in the food service operations in the U.S. Responsibilities of managers; Characteristics of managers; Relevance of manager expertise.
- Business & industry. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p99
Presents statistical information on the salaries of executives in the food service industry in the United States.
- WFF study: Women pessimistic about advancement. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/13/94, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p70
Reports on a study conducted by the Women's Foodservice Forum which revealed that while women feel they have successful careers in the foodservice industry, there are still some who believe they have little or no hope for advancement.
- Industry execs honored at Elliot Leadership Conference. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;06/11/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p86
Presents foodservice executives honored at the 16th annual Elliot Leadership Conference in New York, New York. Sponsors of the award presentation; Recipients of the awards; Speakers of the program.