A $135K BUSINESS: U-Del. seeks tailgating growth
- Tips for UI tailgating. // Corridor Business Journal;8/31/2015, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p23
The article discusses the tailgating policy of the University of Iowa Department of Intercollegiate Athletics for the 2015 Hawkeye football season which will begin on September 5.
- Tailgate Competition Gets 'Hot' This Fall at Boise State Bronco Football Home Games with the ALL-New USA Onion Grill-Off. // Onion World;Nov2013, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p34
The article offers information on grilling competition sponsored by USA Onions/ Idaho-E. Oregon Onion Committee as part of its promotion to encourage use of onions in grilling in foodservice and at-home dining. It mentions that competition series included six separate grilling events, held over...
- Kenny Chesny and the Battle of Bristol. Olsan, Richard // Projection, Lights & Staging News;Oct2016, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p54
The article offers information on the 2016 "Spread the Love" concert tour of musician Kenny Chesney along with the Bristol Motor Speedway show and organization of tailgate party for college football match between Virginia Tech Hokies along with the University of Tennessee.
- NEWARK LIVING STUDIES CENTER: A SCHOOL FOR DISRUPTIVE STUDENTS. Proctor, W.A. // Educational Leadership;Nov74, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p124
Focuses on the aim of Newark Living Studies Center in Delaware to develop a curriculum based on high interest activities outside the conventional school environment for disruptive students. Development of an ecology conducive to effective learning by the school; Characteristics of disruptive...
- Untitled. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/27/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p10
Photographs of several residents of Clarendon are presented which includes Virginia Patten hosting a tailgate party, Freddy Gray in a rugby football match and the basketball team of Clarendon College.
- TAILGATING. // Leisure Market Research Handbook;2015/2016, p288
The article offers information related to tailgating in the U.S. which is considered as complex community-building exercise in the country. Topics include the "A Cultural Analysis of Tailgating" study by John F. Sherry Jr. on how tailgating builds community and nurtures tradition for the team,...
- Host a tailgate with drug reps. Holt, Ray // Family Practice Management;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p77
The author shares his experience in hosting a tailgate meeting with medical representatives in Syracuse, New York. He organized the meeting in a parking lot. During the meeting, the author hopped from car to car to talk with the attendees about their products. All participants of the meeting...
- TACKLING TAILGATING SEASON. Richardson, Stephanie // Casual Living;Nov2011, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p32
The article focuses on sales opportunities for tailgating season. It explores tailgating parties as a promotional event for products and accessories for barbecuers. It offers suggestions on how retailers can display portable products for tailgaters, such grills, smokers and fireplaces, on open...
- Making a Play for SHOPPERS. Petrak, Lynn // Progressive Grocer;Aug2014, Vol. 93 Issue 8, p111
The article focuses on how grocers can derive profits from tailgating promotions. Topics discussed include the interrelationship between tailgating and football as well as increased spending in tailgate fare. The sale of various meat products and grilling supplies as well as the provision of...