AT PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL: ROOM SVC. HITS PLANO
- Stacey Versus the Cafeteria Lady. Bumpus, Stacey // Angels on Earth;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p16
The author relates how a cafeteria lady she met at the hospital helped her to recover from a leg injury.
- WHAT'S Ahead FOR Healthcare? // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p38
Focuses on the revolution in the hospital foodservices discussed in a videoconference assembled by the National Society of Healthcare Food Service Management. Introduction of retail dining in healthcare; Emphasis on the intercultural difference in foodservice between Europe and the United...
- Chance and Circumstance. // FoodService Director;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p20
The article profiles John Athamanah, manager of foodservices at La Rabida Children's Hospital in Chicago, Illinois, including the influence of his mother on his interest in foodservice, career in clinical nutrition and his first job as a clinical nutrition manager.
- Texas Turnaround. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the efforts of the Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas in Texas to improve the quality of its food services. Information on the Jackson Patio Cafe and Cafe Presby in the hospital; Increase in food sales in the hospital; Contribution of the replacement of cash registers to the sales...
- SERVICE FOR ONE--AND ALL: Carts put new spin on Crittenton Hosp's breakfast. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the Top of the Morning breakfast cart service offered by Crittenton Hospital in Rochester, Michigan. Statistics on the hospital's cafeteria sales and customers; Description of the program; Patient menu offered by the hospital; Training received by food service staffers.
- IN HEALTHCARE: Avg. hospital pay rises 4.6%. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p54
Deals with issues concerning food service operations in hospitals in the U.S.. Salary increase of food service directors in hospitals for 2001; Issues and challenges facing the labor supply of the food service market.
- The Road to Room Service. King, Paul // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p24
This article discusses the concept of implementing room service programs in hospitals. There are many benefits to such a program, the most potent of which is a marked increase in patient satisfaction scores at hospitals that have switched. According to Mary Spicer, director of nutrition services...
- ST. MARK'S HOSP. IN SALT LAKE CITY: New fsd adopts change in transition to self-op. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p40
Reports on the changes made by Paul Le Von when he became food service director at St. Mark's Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah in 2001. History of the hospital; Problems faced by the hospital's food service; Food service agenda of Le Von; Guiding principles created by Le Von and his staff;...
- Successful Transplant. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p28
The article features Neal Lavender, director of food, nutrition and conference services at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, Texas. Lavender manages oversees 133 employees, including two chef managers, two dietitian managers, eight supervisors and a clinical team. Under his direction, 1.3 million...