RORTY, GIRARD, AND THE NOVEL
- Last Words from Richard Rorty. Postel, Danny // Progressive;Aug2007, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p15
An excerpt from an interview of philosopher Richard Rorty is presented.
- Mummy, Mummy. . . // Teaching History;Jun2002, Issue 107, p57
Profiles philosopher Richard Rorty in the U.S. Characterization of human kind; Usefulness of philosophy in education; Doubts on the capacity of philosophy on assisting educators.
- On Rorty's Evangelical Metaphilosophy. Rondel, David // Philosophy & Rhetoric;2011, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p150
The article discusses and explores the aspects and purpose of the evangelical metaphilosophy of American philospher, Richard Rorty. The author reflects on the influence of rhetoric and argumentation in Rorty's concept of evangelical metaphilosophy. He also looks into the aspects in Rorty's...
- How Richard Rorty Found Religion. Boffetti, Jason // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;May2004, Issue 143, p24
Discusses the religious views of Richard Rorty, an academician, book author and philosopher in the U.S. Hope that 'romantic polytheism' will come to serve as America's new religious center; Historical background on the development of Rorty's views on religion; Description of how Rorty found...
- Richard Rorty's Postmodern Case for Liberal Democracy: A Critique. Bragues, George // Humanitas (10667210);2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1/2, p158
The article focuses on the view of Richard Rorty on liberal democracy. It describes liberal democracy. It claims that Rorty is not the first figure to hold that the mind is not capable of grasping the nature of the world. It states that Rorty proposes that philosophers become engaged and put...
- The Impossibility of Philosophical Dialogue. Roochnik, David L. // Philosophy & Rhetoric;Summer1986, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p147
This article discusses the contribution of Richard Rorty to philosophical dialogue. Ultimately Rorty would side, not with Derrida, but with the pragmatists who, while sharing many of the post-Nietzschean rejections of traditional Philosophy rejected neither the Enlightenment's choice of the...
- Postmodern Pragmatism and Skeptical Hermeneutics: Richard Rorty and Odo Marquard. Allen, Barry // Contemporary Pragmatism;Jun2013, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p91
Richard Rorty transforms classical American philosophy in a way that responds to contemporary currents in European thought. German hermeneutical philosopher Odo Marquard is not a well-known name in English-speaking philosophy, though Rorty knew him and his work. I develop some of their agreement...
- DECEIT, DESIRE, AND CONVERSION IN GIRARD AND DANTE. Webb, Heather // Religion & Literature;Autumn2011, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p200
The article presents information on the book "Deceit, Desire and the Novel," written by RenÃ¨ Girard which dedicates much of its force in diagnosing the problems in human relations in the novels of the great novelists. It informs that this problem is the main thing that provides the novelist...
- PresentaciÃ³n. // Universitas Philosophica;dic2010, Vol. 27 Issue 55, p9
No abstract available.