- Tough sledding ahead for econ package. Moore, Miles // Tire Business;11/5/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p3
Focuses on the economic stimulus package, a legislative bill approved by the House of Representatives in Washington. Features of the economic stimulus package; Characteristics of the bill showing tax relief for the tire industry; Tire associations supporting the economic stimulus package.
- Aftermarket groups urge right-to-repair act passage. Moore, Miles // Tire Business;10/14/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p4
No abstract available.
- DOA. Moore, Miles // Tire Business;3/26/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p0001
The article reports on the withdrawal of a bill that required tire makers and retailers in Maryland to inform consumers of a tire's age from the state legislature, after an unfavorable report on the bill was issued by a subcommittee of the Maryland House Economic Affairs Committee.
- Maryland tire age bill gains no traction, dies. Moore, Miles // Rubber & Plastics News;4/2/2012, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p0021
The article reports that the bill HB 729 introduced by delegate Benjamin F. Kramer, that requires tire makers and retailers in Maryland to inform consumers of a tire's age, has not been approved by the state legislature.
- Alabama weighs tire bill to fund troopers. Moore, Miles // Waste News;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p67
Reports on Alabama legislators' efforts to seek a compromise over a bill to place a fee on all new tires sold in the states to fund the hiring of state troopers. Objections to the proposed tire fees; Shortage of state troopers in the state.
- Morgan to focus on TIA, industry image. Mikolajczyk, Sigmund J. // Tire Business;8/5/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p3
Highlights the career of tire businessman Larry Morgan in Clearwater, Florida. Decision of Morgan to retire from Morgan Tire & Auto; Goal of Morgan for the Tire Industry Association; Number of Morgan Tire franchisees.
- Senate to vote on class action reform. // Tire Business;9/1/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p4
No abstract available.
- All that glitters is...SEMA/ITE. // Tire Business;11/10/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p1
This article presents a photograph of Larry Morgan, president of the Tire Industry Association (TIA), Tom Raben, outgoing president, and Roy Littlefield, TIA executive vice president, who gather outside the Las Vegas Convention Center, Nevada for the opening of what has been billed as the...
- TIA members benefit from Global Council. Evans, Anne // Tire Business;11/8/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p8
The article reports that after taking a serious look at the membership of the Tire Industry Association (TIA) and what the organization can offer, outgoing president Larry Morgan announced the establishment of TIA's Global Council last April. The TIA Global Council was launched at Reifen 2004,...