Energy Vet for ISO
- Growing association. // European Power News;Jan1998, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the growing influence of the Association of Electricity Producers in Great Britain. Participation of Edison Mission, ScottishPower and Nuclear Electric in the association; Celebration of the association's tenth anniversary in 1997; Technologies represented by members of the association.
- Calif. group keeping tabs on federal electric deregulation. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;3/24/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p4
Reports that the AB 1890 Implementation Group, a California group of industries, electric utilities and state regulators, are lobbying the United States Congress to keep watch on federal electric deregulation. What the group hopes to know by midsummer 1997; Reference to the California...
- NEMRA'S NEW ROLL. Lucy, Jim // Electrical Wholesaling;Mar2000, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p8
Presents an outlook for the National Electrical Manufacturers Representatives Association (NEMRA) for the 30 years following 2000. Relationship between the NEMRA and `Electrical Wholesaling' magazine; Growth of NEMRA during the 1980s; Challenge posed by electronic commerce to the organization.
- Can Nonprofit Transmission Be Independent? Michaels, Robert J. // Regulation;2000, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p61
Looks at the performance of Independent System Operators (ISO) in operating aggregates of electric facilities. Significance of competition among organizational forms on business firms; Governance of ISO; Constitution of ISO.
- A call for certification. Brusacoram, Gary // Electrical Wholesaling;Feb99, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p74
Explains the value of becoming certified as professional sales representatives of electrical manufacturers. Enhancement of the professionalism of representatives; Improvement of the appreciation in commerce, industry and academia for the economic value that representatives create; Requirements...
- NEMA launches energy-efficient motor program. // Control Engineering;Nov2000, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p55
Reports on the plan of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association's Motor & Generator Section will establish a premium motor energy efficiency program in the United States. Motivation of the section for developing the program; Demand for premium efficiency motors; Savings from the use of...
- CHARLES K. BLIZARD, SR.: CELEBRATING 29 YEARS OF SERVICE TO NETA. WICKS, KRISTEN // NETA World;Winter2013, p80
The article announces the resignation of Charles K. Blizard Sr. from the Standards Review Council of the InterNational Electrical Testing Association (NETA).
- Are Super RTOs feasible?. Boucher, John; Avramovic, Boza // Power Economics;Oct2001, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the formation of four Regional Transmission Organizations (RTO) by the United States Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). Mandatory requisite from FERC of three Independent System Operators to participate in the mediation; Status of the RTO prior Order 2000; Critical issues...
- Offer's changes under fire. // Professional Engineering;05/27/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p6
Reports that proposed changes by the British electric industry regulator Offer could affect various power station projects, according to the Association of Electricity Producers (AEP). Details on other claims made by the AEP regarding the situation; How financiers of power stations would react...