Sprucing Up Anchorage
- BEGICH LEADS POTENTIAL GOP CHALLENGERS IN CLOSELY-WATCHED ALASKA SENATE RACE. // Hill;2/10/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p6
Statistics are presented on the percentage of voters who prefer Senator Mark Begich in the Alaska Senate election.
- Begich listed DC address for FEC reimbursements. Joseph, Cameron // Hill;9/11/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 95, p16
The article reports on the decision of Alaskan Democratic Senator Mark Begich to list the address of his Washington home, rather than his Anchorage home, on Federal Election Commission filings.
- ALASKA. Blake, Aaron // Hill;4/22/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p20
The article discusses the candidacy announcement of Anchorage Mayor Mark Begich last April 21 for the senate in the 2008 election. Begich said, Alaska's interests and opening the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) for oil exploration are his priorities. It is time for their petroleum...
- Sen. Begich urges Miller to drop election lawsuit. D'Aprile, Shane // Hill;12/7/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 125, p18
The article reports on an advocacy made by U.S. Senator Mark Begich to Republican Joe Miller concerning the dropping of the lawsuit that challenged the results of the Senate election for the District of Alaska.
- ANCHORAGE. Bohi, Heidi // Alaska Business Monthly;Apr2008, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p40
The article looks at indications of economic growth in the city of Anchorage in Alaska. Several construction projects in Anchorage include the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts, the Dena'ina Civic and Convention Center and the Anchorage Museum and Rasmuson Center expansion. The goal of Mayor...
- Quips & Slips. // Campaigns & Elections (2010);Jan/Feb2014, Issue 322, p58
No abstract available.
- China harbors Arctic ambitions that put Alaska on the frontline. // Geo-Strategy Direct;3/21/2012, p3
The article focuses on the statement of U.S. Senator Mark Begich regarding Alaska as the possible first target of China in any of its future war with the U.S. According to Begich, the U.S. can face China on economic and military fronts in Alaska and in the Arctic. Meanwhile, China is actively...
- Begich will return Rangel's donations. O'Brien, Michael // Hill;9/17/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 106, p6
The article reports on the announcement made by Anchorage, Alaska Mayor Mark Begich that he will return the $10,000 donation from embattled congressman Representative Charles Rangel.
- Vulnerable Democratic sens. low on 2014 money. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;5/22/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 64, p1
The article reports on U.S. Senate Democrats such as Senators Mark Begich and Jeanne Shaheen, who had raised less than half a million dollars for their campaign for the 2014 U.S. election.
- Sen. Begich joins other Dems in signing on to budget amendment. // Hill;7/15/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 85, p16
The article reports that U.S. Senator Mark Begich has joined with other Democratic party members in the federal budget amendment proposal.