Phoenix May Bail If State Lawmakers Tamper With $16 Billion Transportation Plan
- Benefits of the National ITS Architecture. // Public Management (00333611);Feb99, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p25
Discusses the benefits of the National Intelligence Transportation Systems (ITS) Architecture in the implementation of ITS technologies. Requirements for ITS planning; How the architecture enhances the longetivity and quality of ITS programs; Local governments that are using the ITS architecture.
- Ryder Delivers for Sainsbury's. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p14
Problems encountered by local authorities in Wales, after they first published their first local Transport Plans in 2000 were discussed. In particular, this article considers the process and content of the local transport plans and examines some of the innovatory measures and schemes that are...
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Purchases Two Companies. // Risk Management (00355593);Feb94, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p59
This article focuses on the problems encountered by local authorities in Wales, after they first published their first local Transport Plans in 2000. In particular, this article considers the process and content of the local transport plans and examines some of the innovatory measures and...
- Toll Watchdog Files Suit Against Texas Governor, Metro Planning Groups. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p6
Reports that People for Efficient Transportation Inc., a toll watchdog group, has filed a lawsuit in Travis County District Court alleging that metropolitan planning organizations in Texas are illegal. Prohibition of the governor and the department from establishing special districts; Separation...
- Buses, pÃºblicos and ferry system, all to chip in to boost Urban Train's ridership to 100,000 daily. Márquez, Carlos; Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;7/19/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p27
The article reports on the proposal of integrating all modes of transportation system including buses, taxis, bicycles and ferries to boost Urban Train's (UT) ridership to 100,000 daily in Puerto Rico. The reconfiguration and integration of all modes of transportation is expected to increase...
- The Final Word. // LG: New Zealand Local Government;Aug2014, Vol. 51, p48
The article discusses on New Zealand's Government Policy Statement (GPS), drafted for economic growth, productivity, road transport system, regional improvements, funding New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) and those affects to be expected to New Zealand's Local Government (LGNZ) infrastructure.
- Through War Talk and Weak Economy, Bonds Stay in the Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/2/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31544, p26
Reports on efforts of local governments in Florida to get approval for the sale of new-money bonds. Favorability of market conditions; Sale of general obligation bonds; Increase in sales tax.
- Municipalities get switched on. Klerk, Vic de // Finance Week;07/30/99, p10
Looks at the financial management of local governments in South Africa. Provincial government's focus on near-terminal local service structures; Problems with non-payment of government services; Reduction of the number of structures. INSETS: Local authorities make coins count, by Rikus...
- Targeting the Pension Gap. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31722, p1
Reports on the preparation of the Oregon government to sell taxable pension obligation bonds. Total amount of the bonds; Authorization of the sale by the Measure 29 legislation; Proceeds of the sale.