N.Y.C. IDA Set to OK $650 of Liberty Bonds for Midtown
- Financing Costs and Industrial Development Bonds. O'Connor, Geoffrey J. // American Bar Association Journal;Dec75, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p1539
Provides the general law practitioner in the U.S. an overview of the potential of industrial development bonds. Legislative background; Tax-exemption; Pollution control bonds; Small issue bonds; Industrial parks; Solid waste disposal facilities; General limitations. INSET: Tax Tips of the Month.
- CAPITAL EXPENDITURE PROBLEMS UNDER THE TEN MILLION DOLLAR EXEMPTIONS FOR INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT... Podolin, Leonard; O'Leary, Patrick J. // Tax Lawyer;Fall79, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p153
Focuses on the capital expenditure problems under exemption for industrial development bonds in the United States. Definition of the industrial development bonds under exemption; Unforeseen costs exclusion under exceptions of the ten million limitations; Acquisition cost of a personal asset.
- IRS finds some IDB conduit issuers skirting the tax code. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;09/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30733, p32
Reports on the findings of the United States Internal Revenue Service in its study of industrial development bond conduit issuers. Areas where issuers were found not to comply with tax code rules; Violations on the use of tax-exempt bonds for private purposes; Use of accelerated-depreciation...
- Haviland seeks revenue bonds. Czurak // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/24/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p8
Reports on Haviland Enterprises Inc.'s plan to apply for tax-exempt industrial revenue bonds. Worth of bonds applied for; Purpose of the bonds; Public hearing to be held in line with the application.
- YMCA gets bond approval. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;10/20/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p2
The Metropolitan Detroit YMCA received tax-exempt approval from the Michigan Strategic Fund for $20 million of industrial-development revenue bonds for construction of its Downtown Family YMCA on Broadway Avenue between Grand River Avenue and John R Road in Michigan.
- INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT BONDS AND TAX POLICY: A TREND TOWARD VIVISECTION OF PUBLIC FINANCE. McCollom, William G. // Tax Lawyer;Winter70, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p383
Focuses on the elimination of tax exemption privilege of industrial development bonds in the United States. Implementation of the 1968 Revenue and Expenditure Control Act; Importance of the date on the issuance of bond on the computation of tax exemption; Definition of industrial development bond.
- IDA fighting sunset on NFP bond bill. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);06/11/99, Vol. 46 Issue 24, p3A
Reports on the efforts of Long Island, New York, industrial development officials to save a law that allows the issuance of tax-exempt bonds for nonprofits due to expire on July 1, 1999. Utilization of the law by industrial development associations; Provisions of a legislative proposal to...
- N.Y.C. IDA to Green-Light &650 Million of Liberty Bonds for Midtown Project. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31730, p4
Reports on the plan of the board of the New York City Industrial Development Agency to proceed with preliminary approval in tax-exempt Liberty bonds for a proposed Bank of America headquarters in Manhattan, New York. Amount of the Liberty bond financing for the project; Clarifications on the...
- Liberty Bonds for Three Towers at WTC Get Preliminary OK from State Agency. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;6/15/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32403, p4
The article reports on the planned marketing of the Liberty Bonds that was approved by the New York's Liberty Development Corporation. The proceeds will help finance for the development of the three office towers at the site of the World Trade Center (WTC). The business proposal includes tax...